Life news this week:
- Saturday I spent catching up on a lot of stuff. I drank a lot of coffee because it was cold in the house and I didn't want to turn on the heat. I cleaned the dishes and I broke one of my Steven Universe drinking glasses! I bought a replacement online. I managed to clean and straighten up my whole house, which I'd let go for a little while, and felt much better. Then I did blogging and writing for NaNo, talked to my friend Steve, and huddled under an electric blanket for most of the night.
- Sunday I got up pretty late but still did a lot. Did laundry, cleaned up some more, and worked on my ridiculous purple pear cake. I basically spent the whole day on it, and even though I made up a lot of the recipe stuff and included some substitutions, everything went right! In between making it, I talked to my sister to finalize our thoughts on Mom's Medicare, did karaoke, took out the trash, and got my writing done for NaNo.
- Monday I spent a bunch of time on proposals at work. At home I worked on my book for NaNo, received a featured post on Amino for my purple pear cake, and received my cool pink vinyl of the SU movie soundtrack.
- Tuesday I spent the majority of the day on proposals again. At home I finished my NaNo words and spent the evening working on editing the first episode of my podcast pilot with Daria! It took a long time. Oof. I also stayed up until a comic came out for Steven Universe and then I reviewed it and went to bed.
- Wednesday was the launch for our new podcast, Not-So-Giant Women! It's just Daria and me talking about Steven Universe; she's new to the show so each episode is a fresh reaction from her and then we discuss! Please subscribe if you're into that.
- I was late getting up on Wednesday so I took Lyft to work. My driver recognized my shirt from SU and excitedly talked to me about the show--right at the end of the ride. Too bad, if she'd noticed it earlier we could have been talking the whole ride! Awww. At work I did proposal and letter stuff. I took a field trip to get comics at the end of the day. Jeaux came over after work and we ate at Applebee's. Then we watched She-Ra.
- Thursday I took a day off work! My garage door was busted so I had a repair person come help me. Since I had the day off, I invited Mom to come over and SHE WAS EARLY. I signed her up for the Medicare plans my sister and I had decided on for her and it's finally done. Also I had to argue with her previous insurance company a little because I think she overpaid. Anyway! We also had some lunch and watched some videos and she brought my steam cleaner back after borrowing it. After she left I cleaned the steam cleaner, did maintenance on my water system, and scrambled to finish my NaNo words before Victor called and I drew comics while chatting with him. Also I received my aqua-colored vinyl record for SU! Hahaha.
- Friday I spent the work day on RCI data entry and proposals. After work I did my NaNo writing and my webcomic. I had a little time after finishing before I was too tired to work anymore so I tried to clean some photos off my phone because it's getting full. Yikes!
New reviews of my book:
- Mara gave it a four-star review on Goodreads. (It's in German. The person says they liked the book but took off a star for being repetitive.)
- Saturday, November 16: 1,402 words.
- Sunday, November 17: 1,002 words.
- Monday, November 18: 1,567 words.
- Tuesday, November 19: 1,709 words.
- Wednesday, November 20: 1,905 words.
- Thursday, November 21: 1,174 words.
- Friday, November 22: 2,387 words.
- Finished this week: Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane. Four-star review.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe ongoing comic #34. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: When the Stars Lead to You by Ronni Davis. I'm on page 43.
This week's karaoke song is "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0758: "Not Watching."
Our first podcast covers an introduction and a discussion of the pilot.
Photos of my JUNGLE MOON FRUIT CAKE:
|Cold at work, dressed in Steven Stars|
|New Gem sweater|
|New Amethyst sweater|
|Three different colored vinyls|
|Hard to get a sandwich when your fingers are cats|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,262 for swankivy (7 new), 680 for JulieSondra (no change), 16 for v & V Vids, 14 for Not-So-Giant Women (new channel, come like us!). Twitter followers: 975 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,356 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 208 followers (no change) for swankivy, 649 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 163 likes for So You Write (no change), 18 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (new page, come like us!). Tumblr followers: 2,509 (1 new). Instagram followers: 188 (lost 1).