Life news this week:
- Saturday was a wonderful fun day after having various difficulties the previous week! I got to have my friend Kari over to watch Steven Universe and eat pizza and Cookie Cats (she is still catching up on the show and we watched from episode 120, "Storm in the Room," to episode 128, "I Am My Mom"). Then I got to enjoy even more SU fun because Daria and I recorded our first podcast episode for our new SU deep-dive podcast, "Not-So-Giant Women"! We watched and discussed the pilot episode! Daria made excellent observations and is going to be a great partner. I fell asleep a little after completing my blogging for the day.
- Sunday I was just a bump on a log mostly. I did do laundry and I drew a picture for an online pal, and I did record some musical sounds Daria is using in editing our episodes, but other than that and giving Jeaux some files to make music videos with, I didn't get much done. Just sat around and rested.
- Monday I worked on a Winter Haven proposal and some other stuff. Had to deal with more research for Mom and worked on my novel. I also prepared some notes for podcast recording for the next couple episodes with Daria. And I tried and failed to make lizard candy. (I know. Weirdo.) I sent some presents to Ronni to celebrate her book release.
- Tuesday I hit the post office before work to mail some comic books. Then I worked and had to go to a utilities presentation, where they had lied about vegetarian options and there was nothing but chicken to eat so I didn't get to eat. Besides work, I did novel stuff and more research for Mom. Then I recorded two long episodes of our podcast with Daria! We watched and reacted to/discussed Episode 1 ("Gem Glow") and Episode 2 ("Laser Light Cannon"). Am ever more convinced that this is going to be a fantastic ride! After finishing podcast recording, I stayed up really ridiculously late to watch all the special features on the new Steven Universe Movie DVD. Today was also extra special because one of my oldest friends, Ronni Davis, had a book birthday. Her book When the Stars Lead to You was released! WOW!
- Wednesday I had to work on RCI data at work. Besides work, I did novel stuff and shared info on Tumblr about a DVD factoid nobody seemed to be talking about. It got a lot of attention, hooray! I went out with Jeaux for shopping and we picked up pizza to watch while we watched the DVD special features and a couple episodes of Season 4 of She-Ra. I fell asleep on the couch after because I'd stayed up so late the previous day.
- Thursday I missed the bus so I had to take Lyft. Did more RCI data entry. Besides work, I did more novel stuff and had to walk home in the rain. Weird day. My house was very messy because I haven't been cleaning up or keeping up with chores. It feels pretty bad to get to that point. Talked to Victor on the phone and got six drawings done for the comic. And did more research for Mom's healthcare and updated online collections.
- Friday I got up late so I again had to take Lyft. I did some RCI stuff and some database updates at work. Besides work, more noveling and finishing my comic. And I received my preordered copy of the Steven Universe movie soundtrack on vinyl! Cool. The deluxe version was delayed though, so I only got the regular one. I made some video communications for my friend Steve and fell asleep before I meant to.
WOODSoftheBOOKS did a video where my book pops up, and the video creator talks about motivation to buy it and plans to discuss it later.
New reviews of my book:
- Saturday, November 9: 1,787 words.
- Sunday, November 10: 1,674 words.
- Monday, November 11: 1,895 words.
- Tuesday, November 12: 1,822 words.
- Wednesday, November 13: 1,679 words.
- Thursday, November 14: 1,874 words.
- Friday, November 15: 1,685 words.
- Finished this week: Welcome to Beach City by Rebecca Sugar. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Games Wizards Play by Diane Duane. I'm on page 494.
This week's karaoke song is "Bruces' Philosophers Song" by Monty Python.
|"Right into her eyes!"|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0757: "Five Things."
|Cookie Cats with Kari|
|Ronni's book is in my hand!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,255 for swankivy (1 new), 680 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 977 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,357 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 294 friends (lost 1, who knows who) and 208 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 649 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 163 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,508 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 189 (2 new).