Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday Factoid: Brand Loyalty

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Are you super loyal to any particular brand--to the point that you will not consume the brand's rival(s) and/or judge people if they prefer another product? (Pepsi vs. Coke?  Apple vs. Microsoft? Marvel vs. DC?)

That's really hard to say--I don't feel that strongly about any brands, and I am CERTAINLY not one of those people who will sneer or turn up their nose at you for being a Macintosh user even though I prefer PCs, but there are a few things I'm pretty partial to. I much prefer Coke to Pepsi, for instance, to use one of the examples from the prompt.

I went and found a list of 50 "business rivalries" (this list is ganked from Fortune Magazine online, credited to "Fortune Editors"), and I'll paste it below. I'm bolding my pick if I have an opinion. If I didn't bold either one, I don't have an opinion.

1. Coke vs. Pepsi
2. Ford vs. GM
3. Thomas Edison vs. Nikola Tesla
4. AT&T vs. MCI
5. Nike vs. Reebok
6. Bill Gates vs. Steve Jobs
7. Venice vs. Genoa
8. HP vs. IBM
10. Union Pacific vs. Central Pacific
11. McDonald's vs. Burger King
12. R.J. Reynolds vs. Philip Morris
13. Hertz vs. Avis
14. Procter & Gamble vs. Unilever
15. Netscape vs. Microsoft
16. Visa vs. MasterCard
17. Ferrari vs. Lamborghini
18. Macy's vs. Gimbels
19. Budweiser vs. Miller
20. Adidas vs. Puma
21. CVS vs. Walgreens
22. UPS vs. FedEx
23. Hearst vs. Pulitzer
24. Bayer vs. Tylenol
25. Duracell vs. Energizer
26. Wal-Mart vs. Target
27. NYSE vs. NASDAQ
28. Oreo vs. Hydrox
29. Hasbro vs. Mattel
30. Dunkin' Donuts vs. Starbucks
31. Oracle vs. Salesforce
32. Fender vs. Gibson
33. Canon vs. Nikon
34. U.S. Steel vs. Bethlehem Steel
35. Sears vs. J.C. Penney
36. Cornelius Vanderbilt vs. Jay Gould
37. J.P. Morgan vs. Goldman Sachs
38. Sotheby's vs. Christie's
39. Louis B. Mayer vs. Jack Warner
40. Blockbuster vs. Netflix
41. Pan Am vs. TWA
42. Comcast vs. Verizon
43. Greyhound vs. Trailways
44. Sony vs. Nintendo
45. Estée Lauder vs. L'Oréal
46. Google vs. Facebook
47. Michael Eisner vs. Jeffrey Katzenberg
48. Marvel Comics vs. DC Comics
49. BMW vs. Mercedes Benz
50. Netflix vs. Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment