Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Wednesday Factoid: Earworm

Wednesday Factoid: Do you have an earworm at the moment? What's the last earworm you can remember having? Note: an earworm is a song you can't seem to get out of your head.

Unsurprisingly, my current earworm is "Escapism" from the recent Steven Universe episode, but what's funny is I had it stuck in my head for days before the episode aired.

That's because this is a song that was actually released and played by the creator of the show on a podcast that aired September 21, 2017. More than a year before it showed up in an episode. (???)

Here's the original version Rebecca Sugar played with her ukulele:



And here's the nicely remastered final version with gorgeous guitar intro and lead vocals by AJ Michalka (backing vocals by Zach Callison and Grace Rolek):



It was weird being able to sing along with a song as I was seeing it air for the first time, but that is a thing that happened! I love both versions and I hope it turns out to be easy enough to play on ukulele so I can cover it with my amateur skills. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment