Life news this week:
- Saturday I got a li'l bit of alone time. I used it to bike to the Asian market and buy food for some weird recipes I'm going to make for cartoons. For the recipe of the day, I made a Salad That's Mostly Cheese. Then I did my blogging and tried to do some organization with my new photo page.
- Sunday was another free day. I did laundry, cleaned my patio table, did karaoke, and drew a picture for the new Steven Universe episode that is coming. Also made another weird recipe: Sugar Shock Shutdown. Woo! Also tried the Apple Sidra I bought at the Asian market. Yum. I worked a little on my 2018 year-end survey.
- Monday I had to work even though it was New Year's Eve, but not much was going on. I just did some updates on records I keep and beyond that I worked on my survey and finished it. Jeaux picked me up and we went to his house but had trouble finding a restaurant that was open or not charging a billion dollars so we just made food at his house. We watched the new episode of Steven Universe, "Together Alone," and it killed us. We are dead. Then he took me to Mom's and I celebrated New Year's Eve with my mom and my sister's family! We had sparklers, ate ice cream, played Uno, and watched the ball drop. Exciting!
- Tuesday was New Year's Day so I had the day off. I spent the morning making quiche and banana muffins, and then I had Arthur over for Twin Peaks and new episodes of SU. After he left, my family came over for breakfast for dinner! I had everything all ready to go and it was super fun and delicious--everything came out perfectly. We also ended up playing Dance Dance Revolution! Silly us. After they left I did a little drawing and slept.
- Wednesday was back to work. Jeaux was sick so no Jeaux Day. I worked on resume stuff and then it turned out I forgot my wallet so I had to take a Lyft home. Patricia, Yusuke, and Ash came over because my mom was supposed to watch Ash for a date night for them but she fell asleep. We had some of the wine P gave me for my holiday gift, and we did some silly drawings. It was a good night but I got pretty drunk, which is something I don't do.
- Thursday things were picking up at the office. I wasn't able to have a substitute Jeaux Day 'cause I wanted to hang with my family. Patricia picked me up and we went to Mom's to make pasta and hang out one more time before they went back to California. It was a chill night. I fell asleep shortly after getting home.
- Friday I started a new diet--I joined a thing called HealthyWage with Meghan and some friends, and we're gonna try to lose weight to win money. I had to submit a weigh-in video so I did that before work. I weighed in at 121 pounds and I'm supposed to try to lose 12 pounds in 3 months. So I didn't eat much during the day. It was also a super packed day at work--doing background research for one job, helping with forms on another, plus the boss asked me to set up his new TV. Did it all but didn't have time to do my biweekly report. Boo. I got a ride home, worked on my webcomic, and slept early.
- Ace and Aro Support Group Tumblr linked me as a YouTuber in this Asexual/A-Spec YouTube List.
- Finished this week: Time for reading was scarce, so I did not read.
- Currently reading: The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca by Kerr Cuhulain.
This week's karaoke song is "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel.
|A promo drawing for "Together Alone"|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0712: "Less Expensive."
No new videos.
|Salad that's mostly cheese|
|Sugar Shock Shutdown!|
|Sparklers with Ash|
|I look nervous about my sparkler|
|Yusuke's New Year's ice cream|
|Patricia's New Year's ice cream|
|Mom's New Year's ice cream|
|My New Year's ice cream|
|Ash's New Year's ice cream|
|Patricia made vegan marshmallows that ended |
up roasting well in Mom's fireplace!
|A family game of Uno!|
|Breakfast for Dinner on New Year's Day!|
|Drawing at my house!|
|Ash's self portrait features a ninja|
|Pillow driving game?|
|More pillow driving!|
|Jam Jar wine!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,239 for swankivy (3 new), 678 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 966 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,349 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 208 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 62 likes for Negative One (1 new), 146 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,514 (1 new). Instagram followers: 165 (no change).