Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wednesday Factoid: Don't Have Time

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What do you want to do that you frequently don't have time to do?

I have a hard time with the phrase "don't have time" because most of the time it's more a case of "I chose not to make time for that." 

Some people who have extremely busy lives legitimately don't have time for some things they need or want to do. They may encounter situations where they literally do not have enough hours in the day to do everything they need to do and still sleep and take care of themselves. But much of the time, it's actually more about having chosen to value certain things with your time over other things.

So for me, it's not really that I "don't have time" to write, read, or finish my website projects. It's that I chose instead to spend time with social activities, relax with Internet nonsense, or draw pictures instead.

I know I need to work on this if I "actually" want to do those things I'm not making time for more than I want to do the things I am making time for. Sometimes it just takes a good hard look at how you're spending your time or applying some good old discipline. 

I'm pretty disciplined so I accept that for the most part when I don't get something done it's because I didn't decide to value it. And if I want my values to be in line with my actions, I do have to make an effort to change it.

So better get busy on making time for writing, reading, and website projects! No time like the present. Happy 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment