Life news this week:
- Saturday I did my blog stuff and my comic planning, then went to Drink and Draw for the night. It was a great night and I got to see my friends and drew my little butt off. I managed to get a So You Write comic and two pieces of fanart done.
- Sunday I was supposed to go to Thai Temple but someone got sick so we didn't go. I did my morning sit-down outside, answered messages, and spent a bunch of money on comic books. (Don't ask how much, I'll cry.) Sang a karaoke song and did my laundry and made my Halloween Party invitation.
- Monday I had no letters to send out for once, but I had transcriptions to do and they do take a long time. And one of the comics I bought on eBay was actually no longer available so I had to get a refund, waaah. My co-worker took me home and sometime during the day a company came and cleaned all the branches off my roof! Awesome! I also posted some cute stuff about my upcoming comic and argued with a jerk on Facebook. Oh, and I agreed to some terms on an upcoming asexuality-related talk I'm going to do in Massachusetts!
- Tuesday I did a transcript all day except for utility coordination in between, and afterwards I met my friend Arthur and we got Thai food and watched cartoons at my house. We binged from episode 114 ("Steven's Dream") to episode 121 ("Rocknaldo"). Good times! After he left I caught up with a representative from the college where I'm speaking in October and we settled on the terms and the content of my talk. Then I talked to Jeaux who was a little ranty about stuff at work, and I ranted about stuff too. Then I went to sleep.
- Wednesday Jeaux and I were going to take my stereo to the stereo doctor so I took a Lyft and brought the stereo to work. I had a good day and got EVERYTHING done. We ate at Which Wich after dropping the stereo off. And after shopping at Target, we went to my place to watch Wrecked, but Hulu was broken so we didn't get to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- Thursday I went to work late on purpose because I had an event that night. I did some housekeeping and picked up a package at the post office, and the clerk who helped me recognized my shirt and wallet as Steven Universe merchandise even though they do not have the logo or Steven on them. (The shirt I was wearing had his dad.) The clerk asked if my package was more Universe stuff, which it was. Haha. At work I made a staffing chart and went to the Transportation Supersession which was about Smart Cities. I got to talk to other consultants and got a really, really yummy meal. Then I got a ride home and collapsed without being able to draw any comics. :(
- Friday I had more work on staffing charts and interview transcriptions, plus a LOT of housekeeping. Then I took the bus home and burned through the comic drawings, plus managed to get my So You Write comic up too. Rough night though, very tired.
- Finished this week: Eyeshield 21: Volume 29 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler.
This week's song was "Angels" by Within Temptation.
|Garnet and the Universe :D|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 88: "Ready."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0698: "In This Moment."
|Modeling my new shades, trying to channel Garnet|
|Erin at Drink and Draw, answering the age-old question|
of "what would the Lorax look like if he was a dickbutt"
|New shades, closeup|
|Transportation Supersession with the guys from the office|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,253 for swankivy (no change), 676 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 969 for swankivy (3 new), 1,337 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 206 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 653 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 58 likes for Negative One (no change), 140 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,512 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 155 (no change).