Life news this week:New reviews of my book:
- Saturday I cleaned up some Internet nonsense and hung out with my friend Kari! We watched cartoons and had pizza and talked. I also finished my drawing from Drink and Draw, posted it on Amino like usual, and got a feature for the first time in a while. Also got some of the captions sorted out on my doodles website, which I've been putting off for a while, but I'm not done.
- Sunday it was a little wet from an overnight rain outside, so I didn't go do my outdoor table ritual until the sun had dried the place out a bit. In the morning I drank coffee and argued with a loser on the Internet. Then I visited the table, answered messages, and got some stuff figured out with one of my websites that got hacked a while ago. (I thought I fixed it back in May, but it wasn't totally fixed.) And I tackled laundry, karaoke, and making a new video, plus started working on a funny comic.
- Monday I worked on another letter of response at work, did part of a transcript, and wrangled utility stuff again. When I got home, I spent most of the day finishing my silly cartoon comic.
- Tuesday I had to go to work early to get some important paperwork out of the way before my boss left town. We did that and I also had to finish my transcript. Then I went to my place with Arthur and we watched cartoons while eating Thai food, but he had to leave early to go vote. (I had a vote by mail thing.) After he left I processed my writing comic and posted it.
- Wednesday I had to send supporting documents to people and do more transcript stuff. Lots of this transcribing business lately. Jeaux picked me up for food and we had CiCi's Pizza. My dear Meggie had had a bad night because of her husband having to go to the hospital and it was uh messy, so I flipped out a little bit when I came back from the buffet to Jeaux saying "MEGHAN CALLED YOU TWICE" but I checked my voicemail and it was actually just her son calling me to thank me for birthday money! Hooray. Cutiepie Ben is 11. Jeaux and I grocery shopped, then watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Wrecked. Talked to my sister on the phone and slept.
- Thursday I worked a half day because the electrician was coming in and so I scheduled the pest control person too. The electrician diagnosed my flickering lights problem very quickly and my pest control person did the job soon after. My mom came over in the morning asking me to look at a website for her because she couldn't figure out how, and then she took me to work. Then work was low key and after work I chatted to Victor while drawing my comic. I fell asleep super early.
- Friday was a little stressful. Had a lot of stuff at the office and didn't finish much of my comic the night before, so I had to really hustle. I also got a cartoon drawing done in time to post it on Amino before the end of the month, which was important since the event it was for ends when August ends. I got it all in while also dealing with phone calls!
- Bryan Shields gave it a five-star review on Goodreads, seeming grateful for the book bringing out useful language and a sense of identity.
- Chris gave it an unrated review on Goodreads. (It's too boring and dull to finish reading.)
- Agnes gave it a one-star review because political correctness sickens her and we should be spending our time finding a cure for cancer instead of being SJWs.
- Upworthy spotlighted an asexuality piece that featured my book, though it quoted some statements about me from other places online that are inaccurate.
- Finished this week: F2M: The Boy Within by Hazel Edwards & Ryan S. Kennedy. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.
This week's song was "If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow.
I actually messed up last week and didn't include my updated webcomic OR the cute cartoon drawings I did, so if you are interested in looking at them, please revisit last week's blog, where I've updated the drawings section.
Read a fun fan comic called "Handy"--it's about Garnet reading a self-help book.
|Peridot and Amethyst play video games|
|Sardonyx using a broom for a makeup brush. Steven thinks she's weird.|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 87: "Keep Me Waiting."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0694: "The Center."
Letters to an Asexual #61 is about someone who came to annoying conclusions after I did not share his opinions about what word we should use for non-asexual people.
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,251 for swankivy (lost 9), 677 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 963 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,325 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 293 friends (lost 1) and 204 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 58 likes for Negative One (lost 1), 139 likes for So You Write (lost 1). (I think one of my friends must have deleted their Facebook.) Tumblr followers: 2,517 (lost 5). Instagram followers: 153 (2 new).