Life news this week:
- Saturday began a long weekend where I finally got some time alone! I had to do a bunch of photo processing and review posting for my blogging stuff, but I got it all out of the way rather early, and then I made some GIFs of funny stuff, took photos of my new shirts, did some drawing, and made a video.
- Sunday I did some house stuff, cleaning and laundry, and posted some art. I did my karaoke, talked to Meg on the phone, drew a writing comic, and started working on a very silly Steven Universe fan comic.
- I spent nearly the entirety of Monday working on my Steven Universe fan comic, which is about Amethyst asking Garnet for advice on being a good leader, after which Amethyst uses her shapeshifting powers to turn into a purple Garnet and they start trolling each other. I can't believe the nonsense I spend my time on sometimes, but it was hilarious.
- Tuesday I had to go back to work. It was a busy day because it was sort of like a Monday plus a Tuesday. I had a bunch of paperwork to do and a letter to edit, and a bunch of important stuff kept popping up for me to do. My friend Arthur picked me up from work and we ate at the same Thai restaurant as last week, and then we went to my house and watched cartoons. We ended up getting from episode 16 to episode 24--not as far as I hoped. But we got to play music again!
- Wednesday I had to work on a sign inventory at work, and after work I went to Cici's Pizza with Jeaux and we went shopping and didn't really do anything, just talked and hung out.
- Thursday I paid bills and updated people's resumes and training logs, and did more of the sign inventory. I drew some silly "selfies at work" drawings about cartoon characters, and when Victor called I finished my fan art and worked on my own art for the webcomic until we hung up and I fell asleep.
- Friday I worked hard on some letters and projects for next week, and then my co-worker gave me a ride home. I took some funny pictures of toys and posted my comic shortly before the deadline.
New reviews of my book:
- Michelle Athy gave it a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Finished this week: Oh whoops I hardly even started reading the book I'm currently reading. Sorry.
- Currently reading: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
This week's song was "Express Yourself" by Madonna.
|Colored pencil sketch of Kiki and Jenny in the summertime|
|What if Amethyst impersonated Garnet for a day (and stole all her dance moves)?|
Click this to read my 16-panel SU fan comic "Hold That Pose."
|Pearls taking selfies with their Diamonds at work|
(The Yellow one is based on a real screenshot, and I made up Blue and Pink.)
Webcomic So You write Issue 84: "For Kids."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0681: "Experiment."
Letters to an Asexual #58 is about being confused over societal pressure to date vs. actual intrinsic desire to date.
|Silly capsule toys|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,263 for swankivy (lost 13), 673 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 942 for swankivy (6 new), 1,319 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 201 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 654 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 138 likes for So You Write (3 new). Tumblr followers: 2,520 (3 new). Instagram followers: 144 (1 new).