Life news this week:
- Saturday I did a cute drawing of Steven Universe characters and prepared my blogging. Also spent a bunch of time filling in a cool chart that shows which markers I currently own in my Copic set. Then at night I had to deal with really gross rotten potatoes. (I had bought them at the store and they turned out to be rotten the NEXT DAY.)
- Sunday I was supposed to go to Queer Brunch but there were speed bumps with the person who was driving me there and I didn't really feel like it anyway. I made some cookies, though. I did laundry, played with one of my websites, and got some messages answered.
- Worked on a letter at work. Spent the evening playing around making cute GIFs of Steven Universe characters. (This time, it was a GIFset of a bunch of times Steven hugs Garnet in the show. He always hugs her around the knees because he's so small and she's so tall, and it's really cute!)
- Tuesday I had to wrestle with an uncooperative FTP site at work. Also had to deal with a hefty letter (they're usually 2 pages; this one was 5). My co-worker drove me home and I did some drawing. (Mom was supposed to visit but she didn't feel up to it.)
- Wednesday I had to work on utility coordination. I got stuck working a little late because of glitches on finishing some brochures, but Jeaux was patient about waiting for me. He picked me up and we ate at Golden Corral, and then we went grocery shopping and listened to Welcome to Night Vale. I drew some of my webcomic.
- Thursday I did more utility stuff and we finally got our package sent to the project manager. Also, I found a rock outside the office that looked just like a potato, so I took it home. After work I hung out with Mom and we had some pasta, and she tried to help me with curtains but we didn't have the energy to finish. My outdoor furniture covers finally arrived so after she left I took my patio furniture outside for the first time. Shortly after, it rained ridiculously while I was watching cartoons and drawing, so I guess it got broken in really fast!
- Friday was quiet--I finished a report for my boss and our newest employee visited the office, and she wanted to give me some of her old clothes. Haha. I left work and rode the bus too far because I was engrossed in reading, so I had to turn around and get the bus back. Then Victor came over to help me make a three-way sub sandwich! He was having some trouble with his leg misbehaving though so it was kind of stressful because we didn't know if it would go away and he couldn't balance very well. I didn't want him to lurch around the kitchen so I made the bread dough myself and he just helped me fill the sandwich, but we got to eat it! We also watched Despicable Me 3 and some music videos.
New reviews of my book:
- Valerie gave it a five-star review on Goodreads.
- Amy gave it a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Jessie gave it a three-star review on Goodreads.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- The site Asexual Artists posted an Interview with Asexual Artist Chesh, and my book is recommended by another ace as a starting point.
- Bookstore Powell's featured my book in a collection called Featured LGBTQ+ Books.
- Finished this week: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Microserfs by Douglas Coupland.
This week's song was "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele.
|Pearl and Greg talking out their differences.|
It's hard when you loved and lost the same person.
|Random shiny Garnet pencil sketch I did.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0682: "Simpler."
|Proper kitchen safety while making cookies!|
|Rock I found that looks just like a potato|
|Enjoying the hot day at the bus stop!|
|Rock potato at home in my patio area.|
|The three-way sub Victor and I made.|
|We tried to eat it together.|
|Victor's enjoying his.|
|I'm enjoying mine!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,272 for swankivy (9 new), 673 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 946 for swankivy (4 new), 1,320 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 295 friends (1 new--I accepted a friend request from someone I met at Jessie's wedding) and 201 followers (no change) for swankivy, 653 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 138 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,521 (1 new). Instagram followers: 144 (no change).