Life news this week:
- Saturday I had a nice slow morning, got my blogging done and had
time to do a little cleaning too. In the afternoon, Jeaux picked me up
and we drove to Sarasota to see Deedee Magno Hall in concert. We met up
with my dad and Connie, hung out with their dogs and got dinner at an
Italian restaurant, and saw the concert at the stadium. Deedee and her
husband Clifton sang very well! Then we had some refreshments at Dad's
before going back home.
- Sunday was Mother's Day, so I
had my mom over and let her help me with curtains 'cause we're weird
like that. I also got her a new laptop for her present because her
previous computer just hasn't been able to do what she needs for a while
and I know she doesn't know how to go about buying and setting up a new
one so I did it for her. She was so excited! After she left I made a
ukulele video and also made my own potato chips!
was rainy so I got a paid ride to the office. My co-worker drove me home
after work. The day wasn't too busy but we did have a couple letters
due. Then in the evening I redecorated my place for summer, did my
dishes, and blogged about a podcast.
- Tuesday I did a
bunch of utility stuff at the office and also got some blog stuff and
comic planning done. And in the evening I had a Skype chat with a
journalist who's writing a book about asexuality. Pretty nice in-depth
conversation, made possible by the fact that the journalist is also
asexual and gets it. I drew comics starting early this week because I
was going to be traveling on Friday.
- Wednesday a new Steven Universe
comic came out so I got up early to read it and review it before work. I
used a paid ride again because of the rain. Stuff is getting busy at
the office with the utilities, and I did my cartography lesson which was
about map text. After work I met with Jeaux to buy comics, eat at Which
Wich?, and shop at Target. (I had to buy airplane snacks.) Then at my
house we listened to Night Vale while I finished my drawings for Negative One.
I handled some more utility stuff and got a big step accomplished. Then
I got assigned to do a transcript of an interview. I chatted with a new
friend who's good at piano on Amino, and then my co-worker drove me
home again to avoid rain. I got a bunch of comic stuff processed before
Victor called, and I chatted to him while I packed my suitcase for my
trip. After we finished chatting, I finalized the comics and packing.
- Friday I worked from home because all I had to do was do the transcript. It took longer than I wanted though. I sent it to my boss and finished some last-minute packing and preparation. My shuttle picked me up in the afternoon and my Tampa Airport experience was uneventful except that people were weirdly rude on the elevators. I flew to Nashville, switched planes, and flew to Detroit. I got a cab from the airport to the hotel where I was staying. It's a pretty fancy hotel on the 23rd floor with a nice view! I stayed up a while decompressing, probably too late, but it was cold in my room so I turned on the heat (yes, in May) and drank hot decaf coffee from the mini coffeemaker in my room until I fell asleep in the awesome king-size hotel bed.
New reviews of my book:
- Finished this week: I got a lot of rides to and from work this week so I had minimal bus time and therefore less reading time too. But I did give a four-star review to the latest Steven Universe comic, #16!
- Currently reading: Interim Errantry by Diane Duane.
This week's song was "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Misérables. I chose this one after having been inspired after seeing Deedee Magno Hall perform it on Saturday.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0679: "Heartbeat."
I have another new ukulele video that I actually left public instead of making unlisted this time. It's called "That Distant Shore" and it's Steven Universe's latest song.
Here's the original. :)
|One of the pics I took at Deedee Magno Hall's concert with the Sarasota Orchestra|
|Mom hanging curtains on Mother's Day. I was afraid she'd fall, glad she didn't.|
|Homemade potato chips.|
|View from my fancy hotel room in Detroit|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,281 for swankivy (lost 5), 674 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 932 for swankivy (3 new), 1,319 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 294 friends (overall I lost 1, but I must've lost 2 because I also added someone this week, the ace journalist who interviewed me; one was a high school friend who said something condescending to me and peaced out when I asked him not to talk like that to me, but I don't know who the other is) and 202 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 657 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 135 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,521 (6 new). Instagram followers: 143 (3 new).