Life news this week:
- Saturday I just kinda played catch-up with my online affairs, and I made some vegan cupcakes for the Queer Brunch event the next day.
- Sunday I went to Queer Brunch with Arthur and Yasmin. Had a nice chat with some folks about inclusion in communities and supporting each other instead of attacking. Came home and did my karaoke, took a nap, downloaded some old pictures and talked to Victor, and did laundry.
- Monday I cut a path through the built-up work at the office. At home I made a bagel sandwich inspired by a cartoon and I ate it. Also worked on the new website versions I'm building.
- Tuesday I spent the whole day on a database. Then I worked on my doodles website some more but a bunch of my work was erased because it was taking my input without actually saving it, because I'd been kicked out of the website management while idle and no error messages popped up. Welp. So I took a break and then had to do it all over again.
- Wednesday involved a bunch of work errands. Had to make some new business cards and stuff. Then I got picked up by Jeaux and we ate at McAlister's and did a bunch of errands--Target, Five Below, the Post Office, Michaels. Then we listened to Night Vale and watched a couple episodes of The Tick.
- Thursday I got up early to listen to a SU podcast about Bismuth, Jasper, and Rose Quartz. Yikes. Well, I wrote up a summary and went back to bed, then got up for work. Worked on the Access database. Then went to the health food store and home. Finished my webcomic.
- Friday I went to work and did database stuff and then after work I took a bus to University Mall. I met Victor there and we saw Black Panther and ordered food using the in-theater restaurant options. (Expensive but fun!) Then we went home in a paid ride and hung out for a while. Victor did an experiment with an alcoholic beverage (he's never been drunk and wanted to find out if it was possible), and I recorded it on video. He didn't seem to have any mental shift but he did lose his equilibrium and had a hard time with his balance for the next few hours. Also ordered food at 1:30 AM. Welp. He slept over.
- My webcomic for writers is mentioned in this blog post by Heather Head regarding getting images for your blog posts.
- Finished this week: I didn't do much bus riding this week, so I also didn't do much reading this week. Didn't finish any books.
- Currently reading: The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin.
This week's song was "You'll See" by Madonna.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0669: "What We're Thinking."
|My afternoon sandwich|
|Trying to look cool on my way to the mall|
|Victor and me about to see Black Panther|
|Time for Victor to try alcoholic beverages|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,286 for swankivy (7 new), 662 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 914 for swankivy (2 new), 1,316 for JulieSondra (lost 6). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 202 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 659 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,493 (lost 4). Instagram followers: 135 (no change).