Life news this week:
- Saturday Victor was still at my house in the morning and we hung out and chatted a while, and then he went home. I made a fire in the fireplace so I could flame-cook a fake fish kebab, just for kicks. After that I worked on my blog, played a little ukulele, and wasted time on cartoons.
- Sunday was the Day of Being a Responsible Adult. I got up and drank coffee, called my mother, did laundry, did dishes, and filed my taxes. Also, I drew two Steven Universe drawings. Can't be mature all the time. :)
- Monday my eyes were annoying me so I wore my glasses to work for the first time. I did some database stuff. Then after work I walked to a nearby Publix and bought donuts and fixins, walked the wrong way down the road for a long time because I forgot the bus stopped coming down that street (in my defense, all the shelters and benches are still there!), and had to walk all the way back to catch the bus. When I got home I just went to bed early because I was being sent to a design class in Orlando and had to get picked up super early.
- Tuesday my co-worker Suma picked me up while it was still dark out and we drove to Orlando. We ate some donuts and took this "Fundamentals of Roadway Design" class. It wasn't appropriate for me at all and my boss probably shouldn't have wasted money to send me, but hey, I got exposed to some terminology even if I understood very little. I mostly just watched my co-worker do math. And we got to eat at Five Guys so that was fun. Also, I got word that Victor had to leave work and go to the hospital. He got admitted. Ugh. When I got home I made fancy icing for my donuts and ate them.
- Wednesday I did more of my Access database tasks and after work Jeaux took me to Perkins and our cashier was a Steven Universe fan. Then at my house we watched The Tick. After he left I ate donuts and took a nap.
- Thursday I got up early to listen to a SU podcast about Homeworld Gems, made my post on Tumblr, and went back to sleep for a while. Then at work I did more Access tasks. I went home and Mom picked me up so we could go visit Victor who was still in the hospital. We did that and then I went home and went to bed.
- Friday I went to work and Victor got out of the hospital halfway through the day. All I had to do was more Access databases. After work I finished my webcomic, practiced ukulele, and went to sleep.
- My book has popped up on a Resource Guide for a Human Sexuality overview on Asexuality and Demisexuality for the University of Wisconsin.
- Finished this week: I didn't do much bus riding this week, so I also didn't do much reading this week. Didn't finish any books.
- Currently reading: The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin.
This week's song was "Spaceman" by 4 Non Blondes.
|First drawing of Aquamarine, that li'l jerk|
|Garnet hanging with old friends|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0670: "Too Scary."
|Cooking fake fish in my fireplace for kicks|
|Glasses at work, still cute|
|Got sent to design class, wore my Gem scarf|
|Obviously I am not cut out for being an engineer|
|Beautiful Fire Salt Donut closeup|
|Gonna eat these and burn my face off|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,288 for swankivy (2 new), 660 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 912 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,312 for JulieSondra (lost 4). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 202 followers (no change) for swankivy, 656 likes for JulieSondra (lost 3), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,497 (4 new). Instagram followers: 136 (1 new).