Life news this week:
- Saturday I made a gross burrito with fake tuna fish trying to get it to look like a rotten burrito from cartoons. Talked to Meg on the phone and worked on my blogging. Fell asleep on the floor feeling awful (suspected it was from the gross burrito) before staggering to bed later.
- Sunday I got Instacart groceries because nowhere near me had veggie pepperoni, and I began working on some complicated pizzas (again to duplicate cartoon cuisine). My dad called and gave me the very sad news that my grandfather has passed away. I talked to my sisters and finished making the pizzas, and at the end of the night I wrote my grandfather's obituary for my dad. Did some crying and some laundry.
- Monday I finalized the obituary with my sister's input and dragged in to work. I had to work on a letter for my boss so we could turn it in before the end of the day, so that went all right, but it was pretty hard to concentrate all day. My post with instructions on how to make a burrito pizza got featured on Amino, which was a nice distraction. Ate leftovers, finished the laundry, and spent most of the evening in bed.
- Tuesday I had to work on an Access database and got a ride home from work with a co-worker. I packed a suitcase and got some stuff together to be ready for the next day because I was going to Sarasota for the funeral.
- Wednesday my sister L picked me up and took me to Sarasota. We had a nice chat on the way down. Then I got to see my other sister P and my dad and Connie. We all kind of hung out for a while before the service and my sisters and I helped my dad with figuring out our grandpa's tombstone text. Then we had, for what it was, a really beautiful service. It was a small funeral with a very nice rabbi and some family and friends. I was impressed with everything about how the service went and especially that we had soil from Jerusalem to leave at his grave. Then we went back to my dad's for refreshments and reminiscing. That evening we all just hung out and tried to decompress. I listened to a podcast and wrote up a summary of it before going to bed.
- Thursday I got up late and had a little time with my family before sister L left and I went to Grandpa's house with my dad and sister P. We looked through photos and a few things before heading back to Tampa, where my sister and I had omelets with my mom and hung out a bit. My sister had to leave but my mom stayed a while because she felt crappy and didn't want to drive, and then she fell asleep on my couch. I drew some comics and eventually she woke up and went home. I took some cute photos of my new Steven Universe album collection that was delivered while I was out of town, and then I fell asleep shortly after.
- Friday I had to go back to work. There was a LOT of stuff to deal with but my computer was broken! And the guy who had to fix it needed the whole day because it was so messed up. I did little bits of work on other people's computers where I could, but still had to stay an hour late to finish. Then I went home and finished the webcomic and didn't have the energy for much else. I finished a drawing though, but it was mostly done already from last week's Drink and Draw, so I just finished it up.
- Finished this week: I didn't finish any books, but I read a Steven Universe comic (#13 in the ongoing series) and I wrote it a five-star review.
- Currently reading: The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin.
This week's song was "Skellig" by Loreena McKennitt.
|Water wings: Lapis Lazuli|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0668: "So Much of Myself."
|Fake tuna burrito, trying to look gross|
|A burrito inside a pizza, which I wrapped the pizza around like a burrito.|
|Eating Fish Stew Pizza. (Vegetarian fish.)|
|The memorial candle my dad lit for my grandpa's passing.|
|Patricia at my house making omelets.|
|My new Steven Universe record collection.|
|One of my new records playing.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,279 for swankivy (6 new), 662 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 912 for swankivy (no change), 1,322 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 294 friends (lost 1, I haven't looked for who) and 201 followers (no change) for swankivy, 660 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,497 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 135 (no change).