- Saturday I got a ton of stuff done organizing and unpacking my kitchen. My mom's lawn specialist Tony came over and gave me a sewing desk and a bed frame from my mom, and he let me hire him to cut my grass too. We negotiated that and then after he left I ate a potato and made my first video in my new house. I also drew and posted a writing comic.
- Sunday I spent a bunch of time organizing closets. They look good! I also paid bills, went to Target and Applebee's with Jeaux, and did laundry. I got a ton of organization done but I didn't get my bathrooms fully unpacked, which disappointed me because that was a weekend goal.
- Monday I had to go back to work despite being really tired. I did a bunch of work on a utility coordination project we're hashing out at work. The only home organization thing I really got done was assembling some bathroom shelves I'd bought at Target. I fell asleep early because I'm really exhausted from all this.
- Tuesday I had a lot of free-floating anxiety for some reason. The buses are changing in my area next week so soon I won't have a bus. After work I decided to take a walk down to the next closest bus stop to see how long it would take. It took half an hour. I had my bike with me so I could ride back, but instead of doing that I rode even farther to find out where the store is. I shopped at it and bought a few small grocery items, and then biked home. I got my bathrooms unpacked and also my shoes and purses. And even had time to draw some Steven Universe fan art.
- Wednesday I was late for the bus so I took Lyft to work. I worked on some stuff for a presentation, and later I did blogging and drawing. When I came home I unpacked some hats before Jeaux came over. We went out to eat at Five Guys and listened to Night Vale and part of a show where Rebecca Sugar was on Tom Scharpling's show.
- Thursday I was accidentally early to work. Still haven't really figured out these buses. I finished up the utility coordination work and when I got home I did some organizing in the house. Victor called and I finished drawing my webcomic while we talked. I got some drawers organized.
- Friday I prepared a database of marketing contacts at the office. After work I hung my shower curtain in my other bathroom and tried that one out for my shower, and I ate a potato, posted my webcomic, and did a bunch more unpacking. I also found a GIANT SPIDER in the house. It was the largest spider I've ever seen in person! And I never caught it. :(
- Finished this week: Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Captain Underpants #11 by Dav Pilkey.
This week's song was "Little Plastic Castle" by Ani DiFranco.
|Steven Universe fanart of Pearl and Garnet goofing around.|
|Steven Universe fanart of Garnet restraining angry|
Army Ruby. Drawn with a Sharpie and a pink highlighter.
Webcomic So You Write Issue 76: "Not Up to Me."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0647: "Uncomfortably Close."
The latest video for my writing channel: Establishing a Routine is about how to get the most out of choosing a time and place to write, and my declared intention of doing so once I'm settled in my new house.
|Jeaux was wearing a shirt that matched the pillow I just bought|
so I had to take a picture!
|Me with the pillow.|
|Me with the other side of the pillow.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,284 for swankivy (1 new), 646 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 884 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,327 for JulieSondra (lost 6). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 202 followers (no change) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,494 (lost 6). Instagram followers: 123 (no change).