Life news this week:
- Saturday I started my morning with a visit from pest control. I then started organizing my books and it took all weekend. I got most of the way through it Saturday night and talked to my mom on the phone, and I drew a cute digital drawing of Ruby and Sapphire (but I wish I had better digital skills, man).
- Sunday I realized I really didn't have room for all the books I had to fit comfortably in the shelves I had. I started to kind of do what I'd done in previous living spaces--tucking stuff behind other stuff, doubling up, hiding books, but then I just got irritated and ended up contacting a lady in my neighborhood who'd posted an ad wanting to get rid of her bookshelves. She sold them to me for a good price and her husband even delivered them! I also saw Eric briefly and did some laundry.
- Monday I went back to work as usual. I left early to go to an appointment to get my ID updated (for some reason they wouldn't let me do it online). I stepped on a nut in the grass and hurt my ankle. That night I was kinda limping around the house trying to put up VHS tapes, LPs, CDs, and DVDs on my new shelves. I also made a pie for my mom's roommate David's birthday!
- Tuesday my ankle wasn't better so I took a paid ride to work. A co-worker drove me home which was super nice! I set up my Flower Fairies display and had time to get rid of the boxes before my mom and David came over for his birthday. We ate Panera food and the pie I'd made (rhubarb!). Mom had been feeling super crappy earlier that day so I was SO happy that she managed to come! After they left I fell asleep pretty much immediately.
- Wednesday I worked from home instead of going to work because my ankle was still bugging me. I did a transcript and some marketing research for my boss, and then I went to this comic and music store to buy a book and get my guitar restrung. It was cheap! I came home and went out with Jeaux to have dinner at Portillo's, and he helped me with dropping off some returns too. Then at home we listened to Night Vale and one of the related shows. He set up my VCR and DVD player so they worked. :)
- Thursday my ankle was way better and I walked to the bus stop like usual. I couldn't do anything on the proposal I needed to work on without more input from a guy who was too busy to do it, so I just found some stuff to do. At home I drew my webcomic while talking to Victor.
- Friday I went to work and hit the proposal really hard, filling in some stuff the other guy was supposed to do but didn't have time. It was a long day and there will probably be another long day on it Monday. I went home and played ukulele and posted my comic.
- I was interviewed in StandUp Magazine in an article on asexual inclusion in the queer community. It's called "Queer But Not Deemed Queer Enough – The Battle For Asexual Inclusion." (I expressed some concerns I had about whether this made it look like we're at odds with the broader queer community. Overall the article makes some good points and describes some real issues.)
- Finished this week: Nothing this time. The book I'm reading didn't get delivered until halfway through the week so I didn't have much time to get it started.
- Currently reading: It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor.
This week's song was "I'll Remember" by Madonna.
|Digital art of Sapphire squishing her face in Ruby's hair. :D|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0649: "Animals."
This week's unlisted ukulele video: "I'm Just Your Problem" from Adventure Time. (Yes, it's a song from a cartoon that's NOT Steven Universe! Imagine that!)
This is a weird one if you're not familiar with the original. The characters are trying to open a door with music, and the door is responding to the intense emotion of the singing character, Marceline, as she unexpectedly puts some hidden feelings about Princess Bubblegum into words. At the end she gets self conscious and the door stops responding to her because she's trying to act tough again. Here's a link to the original if you want to hear it.
|Books in their new homes!|
|A shot of the media shelves.|
|The rhubarb pie I made for David.|
|Flower Fairies collection in its new home.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,282 for swankivy (lost 2), 649 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 890 for swankivy (1 new), 1,329 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 294 friends (lost 1, eh this is awkward, I know what's up) and 204 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,488 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 125 (1 new).