Life news this week:
- Saturday my mom was gonna come over but she couldn't make it, and I spent the day getting a bunch of stuff out of the garage and getting it all organized. The GIANT SPIDER from the day before reappeared . . . in my shower, with me while I was showering. A chase ensued. I won. Also listened to a podcast and took pictures of all my Steven Universe tee shirts.
- Sunday my mom was gonna come over but again couldn't make it. I spent the day organizing my desks, and did some music recordings. I also talked to Victor on the phone because someone threw a brick through his window and he was kinda shook up. I built most of a bookcase while talking to him.
- Monday the bus schedules all changed to the new pattern. I had to walk almost half an hour to get to my new bus stop. But other than that, the ride is good. I got to work really early and did business development stuff, then came home and finished the bookcase. I also took really dorky pictures of me in a costume.
- Tuesday I listened to an interview, did some work on a proposal, came home and did some digital art, and organized my Steven Universe toys. I took a (spiderless) shower.
- Wednesday went as planned, hooray. I got a pat on the back for fixing a printer problem, went home and got some organizing done before Jeaux came over, and we ate at Hawkeyes Pizza and did a couple shopping errands. Jeaux also helped me get my new queen-size mattress onto the guest bed!
- Thursday I did proposal work and went home to meet with Victor, who was staying over because his birthday was the next day. We had a great time--listened to comedy (which made me laugh so hard I almost died), ate homemade vegetarian shepherd's pie, and hung out. He put together my other bookcase while I made his birthday cake--yellow cake with lemon icing. He got to be the first sleeper in the guest bed!
- Friday I brought leftover cake to work. And someone called one of my coworkers to say the website looks really cool and when did the boss update it? Guess what? I WAS THE ONE THAT REDESIGNED IT. I must rule or something. I did some editing and shopping and drew my comic really slowly but got it posted on time. Also started another digital doodle.
- Finished this week: Captain Underpants #11 by Dav Pilkey. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor.
This week's song was "Experiment IV" by Kate Bush. (Kate Bush is a pretty odd singer and if you have not acquired the particular flavor she represents, you might not like this recording. I assure you it sounds a lot like the original.)
|Garnet. "Hey, cool it, your Ruby is showing!"|
Practicing digital art. I got a long way to go.
|A floppy Garnet head on which I practiced some shading stuff.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0648: "Hold Warmth."
This week's unlisted ukulele video (yes, I'm back to making them!): "What's Up?" by 4 Non Blondes. The chords are super easy but I struggle with rhythm, so I figured it was a good one to try.
|an animated GIF of all my SU shirts|
|Found my gauntlets, so I dressed up for y'all.|
Picture below is what I'm emulating. ;)
Not a bad likeness, eh? Except for lack of a sweet afro.
|ALL THE TOYS in their new home!|
|Victor building my bookcase.|
|Baking Victor's cake--the first baking project in the new house!|
|He is clearly enthusiastic about cake.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,284 for swankivy (no change), 646 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 889 for swankivy (5 new), 1,327 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 202 followers (no change) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,489 (lost 5). Instagram followers: 124 (1 new).