Life news this week:
- Very, very busy week! Saturday was spent unpacking my knickknacks, going to Staples with Jeaux, and almost missing Drink and Draw. (I hadn't known there was a Drink and Draw that night so Eric calling to pick me up was a surprise.) I went there and drew my So You Write comic. I also got my decorations up for Halloween.
- Sunday my friends Sarah and David came over and we went out to brunch at IHOP. They got to see my new house and that was super cool! I gave her her late birthday presents and she gave me a housewarming gift. Later I talked to Mom while arranging some of my toys and finishing a drawing.
- Monday was a very long day at the office. We had a huge proposal due and most of it was not done so I had a lot of work to do. My co-worker drove me home. I spent the evening unpacking decorations. Also organized my new shoulder bag.
- Tuesday I had to finish up the proposal and we got it in on time. Also got a short lesson on making boards from my co-worker. Dad and Connie picked me up from work and we ate dinner at a Longhorn, and then they got to see my new place too. They chatted with me for a while, helped me straighten a framed picture, and even watched a cartoon with me. After they left I put up a few more items.
- Wednesday I did more boards and it made the day go by fast. Very busy. Jeaux picked me up from work and we ate at Golden Corral and shopped for comic books, and then he was kind enough to take me to the grocery store to get food for my party! It took forever. We listened to a podcast and read our comics.
- Thursday I worked from home doing transcripts and had to put out a small fire through e-mail. My lawn person Tony was outside so I talked to him--he's usually there while I am at work, so it was nice to see him again. Then I went over to Mom's house where she had made me a bunch of pillows! We watched DVDs of 2Cellos with her roommate David and hung out. At home I talked to Victor on the phone and did some baking--finished making animal cookies.
- Friday I had the day off since I had a really long day on Monday. I crammed a bunch of baking into the first half of the day! I made autumn leaf cookies, pumpkin pie, cream cheese pumpkin roll, and pumpkin brownies. But then later in the day I got sick and started throwing up (maybe I ate too much vegan cookie dough), and then my website broke so I couldn't upload my webcomic properly. I had to get tech support to help me. But at least I got it up in time. I got a video subtitled and posted it.
- Eeva H. reviewed the book in Finnish.
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
- A blogger at doingdeweydecimal did an interesting "pairing fiction with nonfiction" on the subject of asexuality, and my book was included.
- Finished this week: I didn't finish the Night Vale book because I kept skipping the bus, but I did read two comics:
- Steven Universe Warp Tour: Five-star review
- Steven Universe ongoing comic series #9: Five-star review
- Currently reading: It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor.
This week's song was "Nobody's Side" from the musical Chess. Beware the belting, but I think I pulled this one off. (I had a hard time getting it to record properly without popping the mic! That's why I'm standing up and turning away from the mic during high notes.)
|Rhodonite! In pencil! She's cute.|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 77: "Lately."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0650: "Something That Scares Us."
I didn't make time to do a ukulele video this week, but I did do a new Asexuality Video that also has a house tour at the end! Letters to an Asexual #51 is out, which addresses an asexual person who recently started a gay relationship and is now being addressed by loved ones as if she has "admitted she's gay" or "come out of the closet" instead of being what she is--gay and asexual.
I took some new house photos and food photos, but I'm kinda burned out at the moment and too lazy to process them. I'll share the Halloween food photos with next week's photos of the Halloween party. But I do have one photo:
|Eric's salad at Drink and Draw, made by Cheong. It is angry.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,287 for swankivy (5 new), 652 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 894 for swankivy (4 new), 1,331 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 295 friends (1 new, an old friend found me) and 202 followers (lost 2) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,491 (4 new). Instagram followers: 125 (no change).