Saturday, September 16, 2017

Personal Digest Saturday: September 9 – September 15

Life news this week: 
  • Saturday was, like, freakout day. The hurricane was coming and it was looking more and more like it was going to be a strong hit right on my hometown. Jeaux and I followed through with plans to go to my new house to meet the cable guy (installing Internet!) and cooking a meal there, but we were pretty distracted and considered skipping town while it was still possible. Eventually we got talked down and decided to spend the hurricane at my mom's. After the cable was installed and food was eaten, we went to our respective homes to pack up and protect our dwellings, and then we dropped Jeaux's car at my new house's garage and had my mom pick us up to go to her house. We slept there.
  • Sunday Hurricane Irma hit us. Right around the time it started pouring, we were about to have breakfast (my mom made eggs!) but then Mommy fell down in the kitchen and was unresponsive, so we called an ambulance. They took Mom to the hospital, where she was found to have a broken nose. (We don't know why she fell.) She called me later and told me she didn't remember anything about the fall. Jeaux was intensely great supporting me and letting me cry on him. I spent the day updating my friends and family on the situations, tracking the hurricane, and drawing digital art (so at least I got something done!). We didn't lose power at the house but stayed up all night until the hurricane had finished its worst.
  • Monday was off work because we were in the storm, but it wasn't too bad and we were able to get a paid ride over to my new house to pick up Jeaux's car. My new house had power but neither of our apartments did. After some errands, we went back to Mom's to spend the night and watched American Ninja Warrior. I did a little drawing.
  • Tuesday we elected not to go to work because things were still so messed up. Jeaux had power in the morning but I did not. We showered at his house and went out to breakfast, then picked up Mom from the hospital, yay! She was okay but kinda shaky. I lost her paperwork somehow so I had a nice freakout about that. We went to my new house because the air conditioning repair guy was there, and I cleaned a bathtub. Then back to Mom's where I gave her a birthday present because it was her birthday. After that I went home and had power, so I showered again and tried to eat some vegan macaroni and cheese but it wasn't very good so I went to bed.
  • Wednesday I went back to work. My boss wasn't there and there wasn't much going on, but I got some productive time in. Then I went on a couple errands after work (got some food to replace what I had to toss after not having power!), and met Jeaux. We ate at Zaxby's, went to my mom's briefly to help her with something, and went back to my place to watch People of Earth. I was too tired to do anything after that so I slept.
  • Thursday I went back to work and was busy all day. And I bought some rugs for my new place! But I still need a bunch of stuff and I probably need to cool it because I can't afford it right now. (I need a kitchen table, a couple chairs for the living room, and some bookshelves, plus a mattress--Mom's giving me a queen bed frame and box spring, but doesn't have a mattress.) After work I went to the new house because the owners wanted me to check for hurricane damage. While I was there I measured a bunch of stuff and cooked a meal. When I got back I was tired but I talked to Victor on the phone and drew comics.
  • Friday the office was busy again. I did a bunch of work, came home, and posted my comic. I had thoughts about getting a bunch more stuff done but to be honest I was just completely out of energy and fell asleep very early.

Reading progress:
  • Finished this week: Sorry, was too busy hiding from the hurricane to read.
  • Currently reading: Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen.
    New singing performances:

    Was too busy hiding from the hurricane to sing.

    New drawings: 
    "Cover" image of "Work on the Love," a digital comic I did
    about Steven and Amethyst's Smoky Quartz feels. It doesn't
    make sense if you don't watch the show, but click through to read it if you want.


    A doodle of younger Garnet and Amethyst.






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0644: "Pretty Different."






    New videos:

    None. Didn't even get around to playing ukulele.

    New photos:


    The sky being a troll looking nice even though it was about to be a mess.
    Sky looks a little more appropriately stormy.
    Back at work after the ordeal.
    First cooking alone in my new place.
    First eating alone in my  new place.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,287 for swankivy (1 new), 644 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 878 for swankivy (no change), 1,338 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 203 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 654 likes for JulieSondra (lost 3), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,503 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 122 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment