- Saturday was day 3 of a five-day weekend! I did more packing, plus my blogging, and even made pumpkin bread! YUM! I made the pumpkin bread in the shape of a pumpkin because I saw it on a cartoon. Later Jeaux took me to Five Below where I found some magnets I didn't already own and wanted, and he got to try my pumpkin bread. :)
- Sunday I did more packing in between playing ukulele and singing. I drew a cool cartoon picture and shopped for furniture and rugs but couldn't find any. Boo! My mom came by and dropped off more boxes for me, and then she went to the hospital again but didn't want me to go with her.
- Monday I had the day off for Labor Day. Mom didn't get admitted at the hospital so that was a relief, and then she came over and helped me shop for furniture but we didn't find anything. We visited Pier 1, Haverty's, and Home Depot, and also hit the grocery store. I got a little tiny bit more packing done.
- Tuesday I went back to work and churned through three important documents--a tech proposal and two letters of response. We turned them all in well before they were due (go us!), and then when I went home my friend Eric brought me boxes from his shop and took me out to dinner. (Well, technically I took him out to dinner, to thank him.) His friend Suzie was there too and it was cool to meet her. After I got home I was too tired to do anything productive. Also unfortunately became familiar with the prospect of getting smacked in the face by Hurricane Irma and well, stayed in denial for a while.
- Wednesday I did some homework at the office and worried about the hurricane a lot. I also drew a page full of dancing Garnets because I'm weird. She's really cute though, I can't help it. Both of my shoes broke: one broke in the morning and the other broke on the way home. How do both shoes break on the same day? I've had them since like 2007 and they both choose the same day to break?? Anyway, I went to meet Jeaux and we ate at Ledo's Pizza, where neither of us had pizza. I was SO TIRED and kept feeling like I needed a nap. We listened to Night Vale and watched People of Earth and the last few episodes of The Tick. I got some drawing done after that somehow.
- Thursday I worked on wandering through another easy proposal and looking for more to apply to but not finding any. And of course watched the hurricane a lot. The closer it gets the worse it looks for me. I chatted with my mom about doing some stuff at my new house on Saturday while waiting for the cable guy. This is before the hurricane is supposed to hit the next day. Yikes. After work I talked to Victor on the phone and got my drawings done. I posted my webcomic after the clock officially changed over to Friday.
- Friday I went to work even though a lot of people were not going in. The buses were on a reduced schedule because the storm is coming. I worked a half day, wrapping up some stuff on the proposal we'll be sending in to Charlotte County, and then I decided to try to beat some thunderstorms home. (It worked.) I did some hurricane preparation for in case I might need to evacuate, got some stuff ready for the Saturday cleaning I'm going to give my new house, and did some more packing and some laundry. And I talked to Jessie on the phone and we shared news both inspiring and scary.
- Not much going on but Tumblr blogger caughtdead apparently saw me out shopping and blogged about it and the thing tagged me but I didn't see it until like 6 days later.
- Finished this week: No books, but finished reading a comic. Steven Universe 2017 ongoing #7: Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen.
This week I performed "Hey Jupiter" by Tori Amos.
|Garnet can hold you together if you can't hold yourself, Pearl. ;)|
This was drawn on paper and colored digitally.
|A bunch of dancing pencil Garnets. :)|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0643: "By Myself."
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Destiny," which is a very short song from Steven Universe that I nevertheless had to learn new chords for.
|I made pumpkin-shaped pumpkin bread!|
|The cream cheese frosting was yummy.|
|Cozy with my Steven Universe plushies|
|Reading a book I swear I didn't think would be so relevant to my life|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,286 for swankivy (lost 2), 644 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 878 for swankivy (1 new), 1,340 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 294 friends (friended Suzie) and 204 followers (no change) for swankivy, 657 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (1 new), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,504 (1 new). Instagram followers: 122 (no change).