- Saturday I did some drawings of my favorite cartoon character from when she was very young, so that was fun. My mom came over and took me grocery shopping, and she was gonna look at the list of possible rental houses with me but instead of that she got mad at me and left, so I just looked at them myself.
- Sunday I finished my lovely collection of 16 Garnet doodles. :) Also Jeaux prepared for a job interview by getting his hair cut and buying a suit, so he had to keep coming by my place to show me. :D I practiced ukulele and did karaoke, and drew about half of a cute fan comic.
- Monday I worked late to help with a proposal. We got it out in time. I got a better house listing from my realtor and looked through the possibilities. There are some pretty cool houses around. Then at home I finished the fan comic, which is about the characters Connie and Steven being cute. Jeaux said his interview seemed to have gone well.
- Tuesday I had to stay late again for another proposal, and we got that one out in time too. My foot got a bad cramp in it so that sucked. I made a ukulele video at home and fell asleep early.
- Wednesday I had a chill day at the office working on some upcoming proposals. Then I met Jeaux for Five Guys food and we watched Wrecked, and after he left I posted some pictures of my Steven Universe merchandise collection to Tumblr AND drew a fanart picture of Amethyst and Greg watching TV.
- Thursday I did some very silly scribble doodles and took requests from nerds on Amino. I did some work at the office on a Pasco County proposal and at home I drew comics while talking to Victor on the phone. Someone on Tumblr liked my collections post and offered to send me a limited edition item they had because it should be part of a "real" collection. Haha. What a nice Internet person!
- Friday I worked on proposals and a letter. There's a really big media convention, San Diego Comic Con, that went on on Friday, and it has some Steven Universe content. A panel happened and I caught a livestream of it, and I made a post about what it contained, which delighted people on the Internet. The posts I made are very popular now, hooray. At night I posted my webcomic and went to bed relatively early.
- Slate's "Dear Prudence" column, written by Mallory Ortberg, ran an advice spot including a letter-writer who is worried she passed her asexuality on to her daughter. Mallory gives the worried mom some advice, and recommends my book as a resource. (Fun fact: Mallory used to run The Toast, and they bought my short work on asexuality a couple years back. Literally the only thoroughly nice comments section I have ever had in all my time as an asexual activist. Good to know she still remembers my work!)
- Tumblr blogger sarahdoanminh shared a nice quote from my book.
- Finished this week: I'm very close to finished with the Richard Dawkins book but I'm not quite there yet, be patient my dudes.
- Currently reading: The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins.
This week I performed "Intuition" by Jewel.
I drew a ton of new stuff this week so bear with me.
First, the baby Garnets!! This is just an exploratory series of sketches I did because I eventually want to draw a comic where she had this form--this is her first one, when she was first "born." (Gems aren't really born. Garnet herself even less so. It's a long story.) So I thought it would be fun to figure her out during a time of her life when she was figuring herself out!
|Look at how frickin' cute they are. Ugh. I died four times drawing them.|
And then a little comic about Connie and Steven, which can be understood and enjoyed even by people who have never seen the show:
Then I also drew Pearl and Young Greg being catty:
And then I did this weird picture of Greg and Amethyst watching TV. I wanted to play with lighting or something.
And then there were these goofy pen sketches I did taking requests from kids on Amino. They were all scribbled with ballpoints and drawn without references.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0636: "More Exciting Than Words."
Letters to an Asexual #48 is out. This one is about a dude who insisted ASEXUALITY IS A CHOICE and I DID SCIENCE TO CONCLUDE THIS, and then accused me of "bullying" him and being mean when I told him he was misinformed.
Another unlisted ukulele video: I seem to be in a Jewel mood because this week's cover is "Standing Still."
|My Cookie Cat leggings came in!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,298 for swankivy (7 new), 645 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 877 for swankivy (3 new), 1,336 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 296 friends (I accepted a friend request from a friend of a friend, Billy) and 206 followers (no change) for swankivy, 656 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,500 (6 new). Instagram followers: 118 (4 new).