- Saturday I got up late and paid bills and made more lists of my toys. Gotta keep up on all this you know. Meggie came over and we watched Moana--I hadn't seen it before, but it was good. (I liked the chicken, inexplicably.) We ate pizza and made cookies. After she left I finished my blogging for the day and that was it.
- Sunday was the usual music day. Ukulele and karaoke. I actually recorded a ukulele performance of an original song I wrote in college, which is linked below. I wrote some essays--I was really rambly about asexuality and cartoons--and I drew a Lion and did chores.
- Monday I went to work early and left late. I spent ten hours with no break at work busting out a proposal for the City of Cape Coral and finishing up one for the City of Sebastian. And then my boss surprised me by saying I didn't have to come in on the holiday--everyone else seems to be pushing through weekends and holidays for deadlines, so I thought I was going to have to, but he gave me the holiday! I took Uber home because of laziness, received a package I shouldn't have received (an eBayer sent me the wrong item), and finished a doodle of some Steven Universe characters (two of whom I'd never drawn before).
- Tuesday was July 4 and I spent the day just kind of drifting through the day drawing stuff, posting stuff, and cleaning out some of my inbox. I didn't feel good but I didn't feel terrible either. Just kind of . . . nice to have a random break in the week.
- Wednesday I got back to work and my boss told me we had decided not to finish the Cape Coral proposal that I spent all that time on. Welp, at least I can reuse a lot of the info, though. I spent most of the day on a proposal for Alachua County, and the day turned out pretty good even though I didn't feel great. Jeaux and I ate at Marlow's Tavern (good food!) and went grocery shopping, and then we didn't really do anything at home. After he left I fell asleep.
- Thursday was a super weird day. I woke up incredibly early and feeling nasty, had sweated all over the bed so I got up and took a shower at 3 AM and there was a lizard in the bath. I tried to catch it and it lost its tail and the tail went swimming around the tub by itself twitching until it went down the drain. I never caught the lizard. Then I did laundry and made Internet posts until I realized it was time to go to work on very little sleep. I wore my Cookie Cat dress to work and did a hodgepodge of things at work (including more design work, and my boss decided to put me in charge of the company website), and came home and drew my comic while talking to Victor on the phone.
- Friday was still feeling gross and took a paid ride to work because my bus pass ran out and I still don't have the new one. Dang holidays messing up the mail. I worked on some proposal outlines, updated our website, and worked on a letter for the Department of Transportation. My mom gave me a ride home because she needed to get something from my house, so that was nice. I ate cherries with my mom and after she left I posted my webcomic and did some doodling.
- bi-gray on Tumblr quoted one of my posts in a blog post and it was nice.
- The Asexual Agenda's linkspam promoted one of my blog entries this week.
- Stonewall Japan is now recommending my book as an asexuality resource.
- Andrea gave it a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Finished this week: Nothing. I'll finish the fatass book soon, I promise.
- Currently reading: The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins.
This week I performed "Pleasantly Blue" by 4 Non Blondes. Very screamy.
|A family picnic! Featuring the Gems, the Universes, and the Maheswarans.|
First time drawing Alexandrite and Dr. Maheswaran. :)
|The hip pack crew:|
Amethyst and Pearl have both worn hip packs in the show and Garnet hasn't yet.
So I made her one.
|Another thank-you card for one of my eBay customers.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0634: "If That Means Anything."
My very first publicly listed ukulele video is my original song "Beyond the Dream," which is a song I wrote in college. It's not that great but it's maybe worth listening to! It was original written for piano.
|I was taking photos of my apparel for a blog post and this one came out cute.|
|Someone didn't believe me that I actually owned all the toys I said I did|
because these ones are really rare, so I posted this picture as proof. They believed me after that.
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,291 for swankivy (lost 15--dang, was it something I sang?), 643 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 871 for swankivy (no change), 1,329 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 294 friends (someone accepted a friend request from me that I must have sent a very long time ago) and 206 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 655 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,495 (3 new). Instagram followers: 114 (lost 2).