- Saturday I had Drink and Draw! I scurried like a bunny to get
everything I needed to do done before heading out, and then the night
was pretty nice. I got to see Victor there and receive some more
birthday presents, and I got to see Joy and Eric and some others. I drew
a webcomic and some fan art.
- Sunday I got up and
started two fights on my phone before I got out of bed, and later
finished one of them. (The other person didn't even try to come back at
me after that.) Then I did some karaoke, practiced ukulele, and spent a
bunch of the day trying to get a good recording of a song that was
really hard for me. I goofed off a lot except for submitting a couple
job applications and doing laundry. And I drew a new piece of fan art on
- Monday I had a phone interview for a position
that sounded pretty good. After it was over, I went to the office and
things really started happening. I worked on a report and some binding
stuff, and my mom picked me up to help me get my stuff home since we are
closing down the office. We hung out and chatted and I helped her with
roommate stuff. (She's looking for someone to rent her spare bedroom.)
the remaining four members of the Tampa office went out for a last
lunch together. We ate at Gino's and they tried to talk me into drinking
wine but I did not do it. Then I boxed some things up and did more
report stuff afterwards. Then I went grocery shopping, had some dinner,
and called my agent. Michelle and I had a little chat and she said she
wants to see a couple of the books I talked about so I guess I gotta get
them ready. (I'm a writer sometimes, who'da thunk?)
I had to go to the office early to help really get the gears turning
for closing down. The corporate secretary from California was there and
she is really amazing at getting things done fast! We got so much packed
up or thrown out. Then I met Jeaux at Panera and we had some good food
and watched Crazyhead on Netflix. We completed the series. Then I called my mom and we chatted a little while I drew.
was the last full day in the office. My last coffee, my last task on
the work computer, my last bike trip to the good old building. Sigh. I
didn't help with the tasks very much because I was still trying to do
clerical stuff for Jerry! But I did help with a few things. It was a
weird and sad day. My mom came to my house after and picked up some
renter applications, and after she left I drew webcomics and talked to
Victor on the phone.
- Friday I biked to my boss's temporary office space for the first time. It's nice, but it's a closet! I helped unpack some supplies and chatted with the computer guy who was trying to get the Internet working. And I got to eat a donut. :] After I helped with that a while, I went back to the old office and helped finish up packing and tossing stuff, and it took way longer than I expected! I also changed the business's address. And I got to take my computer home, plus a bunch of supplies nobody wanted! My boss drove me home so I could get it in my place. I had a bunch of boxes and computer stuff clogging up the living room but it's okay. I finished my comics and went to bed.
- Finished this week: Nothing--I'm preoccupied, sorry.
- Currently reading: Fluke by Christopher Moore.
This week's performance was "Caramel" by Suzanne Vega.
|Fan art: Opal and Garnet. It's very funny to see someone|
as tall as Garnet get called "shorty" by a giant woman. So laugh, will ya?
Webcomic So You Write Issue 68: "Original."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0611: "Basic Respect."
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Strong in the Real Way" from Steven Universe.
|Wearing the visor Victor made me. I have suddenly become the coolest person in the world.|
|Eric wearing my visor. With wine. Wine glasses? HAW HAW!|
|They had this banner up at Drink and Draw.|
|Look at all our junk.|
|Ready to go. . . .|
|What a shambles.|
|Me eating a sad cookie in the aftermath of the office pack.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,307 for swankivy (1 new), 614 for JulieSondra (lost 4). Twitter followers: 856 for swankivy (lost 6), 1,329 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 204 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,499 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 102 (lost 1).