Saturday, December 17, 2016

Personal Digest Saturday: December 10 – December 16

Life news this week: 
  • WELL THIS HAS BEEN A WEEK
  • Saturday I kicked some blogging butt and read a book and watched cartoons all day. That's the life.
  • Sunday I recorded some music and did the first couple drawings for a fan comic I'm going to do about the Steven Universe characters Opal and Garnet. (It's called "Vacation.") Mom took me shopping at Target and out to eat at Burger 21, and then we went to her house but I didn't really help her with anything. She gave my hair a trim though. Then I did laundry and more drawing.
  • Monday I sent some stuff at the post office, grocery-shopped, and wrapped some presents. Didn't do much else besides comic doodles and ukulele playing.
  • Tuesday I got up early to prepare more presents, but none of the ones I need to send came, so that was wasted! I went to work, came home, cleaned up my apartment from the mess I'd made with presents, and did a little bit of drawing.
  • Wednesday I found out I'm out of a job at the end of January.
  • The Board has finally decided to kick the Florida office to the curb so I'll be helping close the place down and then I gotta hunt for a new job. It's pretty huge since I've been there ten years. Financially, I am in a very good spot for this to happen; you guys don't need to worry about if I'm going to become homeless or something. I have lots of savings and a chunk of cash coming to me when I leave since I get my unused vacation time. If you read this post, feel free to be sympathetic but I'd rather not hear any unsolicited advice unless it's about a specific job opening in Tampa, please. :)
  • The rest of Wednesday was good! I had Jeaux Day, ate at IHOP, and got to wear my very cool new tee shirt that has Garnet on it in a design that invokes Rosie the Riveter. We also watched two episodes of the show People of Earth which is pretty funny.
  • Thursday the office was empty except for me and the junior engineer, and she left early so I was by myself. I texted with Ronni about holiday presents and did some work stuff. I wrote my storyboard for my webcomic and later drew it while talking to Victor on the phone.
  • Friday was my coworker Jessica's last day and that was sad. I spent the day making some lists of accounts our office has and inventorying the electronic equipment. I was there by myself all day after she left. After I was done I went to the grocery store and home. Some toys I ordered came! So Jeaux came over and watched me open them. They were blind bag Steven Universe toys and he took some of my duplicates. While we were doing this my sister P and nephew Ash came over! They are in town visiting. We hung out a while and then we went to get Chinese food and ate it at my mom's house so I got to see my brother-in-law and Mom too. It was fun! Then P took me home and I finished my comic and played with my toys.

New reviews of my book:
      Interviews, Features, Mentions:
        • Newp.
          Reading progress:
          • Finished this week: Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems by Rebecca Sugar, Josceline Fenton, and Chrystin Garland. (This is a trade collection of a comic book series I'd already read, but I got this for the new binding and the cover gallery.) Five-star review.
          • Currently reading: Eyeshield 21: Volume 26 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata.
            New singing performances:

            This week's performance was "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore.



            New drawings: 



            Webcomic Negative One Issue 0605: "The Face You Hide."






            And here are some crappy phone photos of doodles from the fan comic I'm drawing. Later they will be prettified and dialogue will be added.

            These are all sketches of the Temple in various states of done-ness:



            And these are the first couple frames of Garnet and Opal starting a conversation.




            New videos:

            My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Let Me Drive My Van Into Your Heart." Surprise; it is from Steven Universe. Cute little song that's supposed to be sung by Steven's dad. By the way, if you don't know what "unlisted" is, it just means you have to be given the link to see the video; these aren't publicly listed on my channel and can't be found via search.

             

            New photos:


            Long story. Mom was trying to imitate a pose and got
            a little carried away in the restaurant.
            My hair after the trim Mom gave me.
            My "'We' Can Do It!" Garnet shirt.
            It's a feminist icon reference and
            an inside joke in one!
            Drawing on Ash's box with him!
            Mom named this young gentleman "Mr. Stripey."

            And the haircut comparison photos:

            Front, February 2014
            Front, December 2016
            Back, February 2014
            Back, December 2016

            Social Media counts:
             
            YouTube subscribers: 5,327 for swankivy (lost 9), 615 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 863 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,322 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 293 friends (lost 1) and 205 followers (no change) for swankivy, 644 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 57 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,491 (no change). Instagram followers: 98 (3 new).

            No comments:

            Post a Comment