- Saturday Mom had stayed over, and she helped me with a trip to
Michaels to get a bulletin board and then we chatted to my sister on the
phone. Later I made a quiche and we ate some, and then did Skype with
my sister later so we could see my nephew. What a cutie. I did a drawing
for a birthday card and hung out with Mom.
- Sunday we
ate quiche again and Mom helped me do my redecorations for May Day. She
left earlier than I thought she would. I paid my bills and took a nap.
Then just worked on some book edits.
- Monday I had to
come in early to make sure some important paperwork was turned in on
time. And at night a package I'd ordered containing some fun
stuff--including Steven Universe dog tags--had arrived in my
mailbox so Jeaux came over to watch me open it. Haha. There are 24
designs and you don't know which you'll get when you buy it, so I was
hoping for not too many duplicates, but out of the 10 I got 6 that
weren't duplicates. Of course, it's hard to be disappointed when most of
the duplicates were my favorite character. :]
- Tuesday Mom didn't come over so I spent the evening reading and writing a comic book review.
was a rainy Jeaux Day. We ate at Burger 21 and waited for the rain to
stop, and it did. So then we biked to the comic book store where I got
the new Steven Universe comic and an Invader Zim comic. Then we came back and listened to Night Vale
and shared funny Internet things. After he left I reviewed the comic I
read. Next week Jeaux Day will be on Thursday because we want to watch
cartoons together! I'm going to melt.
- Thursday was uneventful mostly. I read a bunch of a book but didn't finish it, STILL.
- Friday I had to work early to finish something for a co-worker. Maintenance workers were making loud noises doing something to our building, and at one point it sounded like music! I didn't really do anything in the evening except draw my comic. I had a lot to do because I didn't do any of it earlier in the week, so it was close to deadline. :X
- Gayda gave it five stars on Amazon.
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
- acehenrycheng on Tumblr quoted a post of mine that she liked.
- Finished this week: I still didn't finish the book I'm reading, but I've got a couple comic reviews up for the Steven Universe comics: Number 1 and Number 2.
- Currently reading: Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler.
Here I'm singing "Reflection" from Mulan.
|A pretty Rose Quartz I doodled on my work calendar|
for Mother's Day. ;)
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0573: "This Honest."
|My quiche with soy bacon!|
|Mom helped put flowers in a wreath for May Day.|
|Mr. Universe drove his van into my heart, so I wear his tee shirt.|
|My starter collection of 10 SU dog tags. :)|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,325 for swankivy (5 new), 569 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 778 for swankivy (6 new), 1,233 for JulieSondra (8 new). Facebook: 292 friends (2 new--friended Christian and Daria) and 196 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 637 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 56 likes for Negative One (1 new), 121 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,429 (7 new). Instagram followers: 68 (no change).