- Saturday I went to my friend Eric's screenprint show, 13 Cool Kids. It was pretty great. I arrived with Drink and Draw friends Belle, Tommy, and Gennie. We got to look at all of Eric's art on the walls and talk about it, and I had a good Vietnamese iced coffee, and I got to chat with a few other folks. Then we stayed and listened to some of Yousef's band (Yousef is sort of a friend-of-a-family-member-of-a-friend situation), and it was cool and made me want to learn to play drums. Then our group added a couple people and went to a bar where I had root beer and watched them play Jenga. It was a pretty great night overall and I had a good time.
- Sunday I made a new writing video and did its subtitles, redecorated my apartment for the season, and did laundry. It was a productive day except I didn't do any writing or editing.
- Monday was a long work day and I had to stay late to finish some crash diagrams. Spent the evening not doing much. And Jeaux made fake Yu-Gi-Oh! cards based on Steven Universe characters, which made me quite happy.
- Tuesday was an eye exam before work, so I had to spend part of the day unable to see properly due to dilation stuff. Rargh! Then in the evening Mom came over and we had a pasta dish. I also found out my short piece "Asexual, Aromantic, Partnerless, Childless – and Happy" was included in the Drunk Monkeys anthology that was released recently.
- Wednesday I had to rush Mom out of the house in the morning because we woke up late. (And it's sad if you make yourself late when you don't have to work until noon.) After work I met Jeaux and we had food at Moe's. I got a double tofu burrito. :D We didn't do anything special after, just talked about video games and feminism and silly Internet things.
- Thursday morning my apartment had no electricity because the apartment people were replacing a generator or something. D: I didn't get caught in the rain coming home! I did some reading and drawing and playing around on the Internet. Oh, and my Night Vale live show tickets came!
- Friday I posted my comic right after work and had a phone call with my dad, and made some birthday plans. I'm gonna go see the orchestra with him next weekend. Then! I just spent the night reading and posting comic reviews.
- Not a review per se, but the owner of Apositive has printed a lengthy discussion/criticism of my book's title (while making it very clear it is not a response to the content).
- The Drunk Monkeys Anthology Volume 3 is out, including my piece.
- The Times of India mentioned my book and quoted from it a few times in an article called "Find out if you're an asexual."
- An Italian blogger shared a lengthy quote from my book on their blog.
- The site YoYouHeard has a piece on "Why Some People Never Want to Have Sex" and it features the Seeker video of the same title. The video uses an attributed quote from my book.
- Steven Universe: Volume Two by Rebecca Sugar, Jeremy Sorese, & Coleman Engle. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
Here I'm singing "Nights in White Satin" by the Moody Blues.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0567: "I'll Ask."
Choices in Publishing is here!
|The only photo I got of Eric at his show (which makes it very clear I'm short)|
|The Jenga game at the bar/restaurant The Mermaid; I have good reason to believe every one of these Jenga pieces has been IN a beer at some point.|
|My root beer face.|
|And I got my Night Vale tickets! I'm going with Jeaux, Meghan, and Katelyn in July.|
YouTube subscribers: 5,289 for swankivy (7 new), 567 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 764 for swankivy (2 new), 1,223 for JulieSondra (6 new). Facebook: 289 friends (2 new--Emily and my brother-in-law are now my Facebook friends) and 196 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 633 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 119 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,344 (7 new). Instagram followers: 62 (no change).