- Saturday I just processed a video and slacked off, and Sunday I saw
my dad. He happened to be in town and came over for coffee. I told him
about my Toronto trip and he updated me on his life stuff.
- On Monday my short story "Her Mother's Child" got published in Kaleidotrope. I sold it last year but it finally got released for the summer issue. I also doodled a little promotional drawing
of one of the characters to help illustrate it when I posted it on
Tumblr. (People tend to circulate things more and find them more
interesting when I include an illustration.)
- Tuesday I
spent with my mommy. She had invited me over to watch the "Growing Up
Trans" special on TV so we had some ravioli and I set up her new tablet
and we watched the program together. Nice night. I hadn't been to her
house in a while--she usually comes to mine.
- Wednesday was the usual Jeaux Day: we ate at IHOP and watched America's Got Talent and listened to the short hiatus-released episode of Welcome to Night Vale. And we talked about cartoons a LOT. He's my cartoon-nerd buddy.
was a fake Friday at work, because we all got July 3 off for
Independence Day. And it was also Random Money Day. I got a bonus I
wasn't expecting at work, I got paid for another short story I sold, and
then on top of that I got my royalty statement for my book and I got to
see what I'll be getting a check for when the payments happen.
- On Thursday I also found a piano track for one
of the songs I like from the cartoon I've been watching and recorded a
duet with myself. This is me singing the song "Do It For Her" and if you want context for what I'm copying this is the scene from the cartoon. It's basically a training montage song where one character teaches another one to sword-fight.
- On Friday I finished my comic, chose the winners of my Tenth Anniversary Negative One contest, and had my mom over for pizza because I was celebrating the Random Money thing from the day before. :) We got to Skype with my sister and nephew, too.
- Julie on Goodreads gave me 5 stars.
- Kaleidotrope: My short story "Her Mother's Child" is in the summer issue.
- Completed reading: Some Assembly Required by Arin Andrews. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: The Passion of Sergius and Bacchus by David Reddish.
New singing performances:
First of all there is my "Do It For Her" duet from Steven Universe (audio only).
And for video karaoke: Here I'm singing "Gump" by Weird Al.
|Story illustration for "Her Mother's Child."|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0529: "Bewitched."
|My new "Keep Beach City Weird" shirt. ;)|
Social media counts: YouTube subscribers: 4,747 for swankivy (18 new this week), 485 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 661 for swankivy (2 new), 971 for JulieSondra (12 new). Facebook: 281 friends (2 new--friended Jeff and Christi) and 172 followers (3 new) for swankivy, 581 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 109 likes for So You Write (2 new). Tumblr followers: 2061 (8 new).