- The big thing this week was of course BIRTHDAY TRIP! And I am now
37. I spent part of the week vacationing in Cape Coral with Meghan,
whose birthday is two days after mine, and we did a ton of
movie-watching and food-eating. It's nice to have a vacation that isn't
about constant runaround--just down time and relaxing. It was great.
- We also saw a musical, which was The Book of Mormon. We enjoyed it!
mom seems to have recovered from her food poisoning nonsense, but other
mishaps plagued our vacation too. Meg's husband fell and had to get
stitches on his eyebrow. I tripped over my pants in the kitchen and
bashed my knee again--the same one I fell on in the parking lot last
week. Meg's car got towed from my apartment complex. And annoying
publishing-world stuff happened.
- Jeaux Day was Wednesday, but I was late to it because of having to work late. We ate at Moe's and listened to Night Vale podcast and watched Galavant, and I managed to get us tickets for the Night Vale live show that is coming to my area in April!
- One of my friends got a book deal so that is pretty damn amazing.
- In other bookish news, I bought my friend Kippur's newly released book and you should too. The Tropes of Fantasy Fiction!
- Evening Assam, Morning Pu-er reviewed the book on January 13, but I didn't notice it somehow. Five stars! Captain Mazikeen added on to say the book is super great.
- Sarah's review on Goodreads: Five stars.
- Asexual Alligator was asked to list asexuality-related media and answered with a list that included my book, recommending it glowingly.
- Freethought Blogs did an Asexual Spectrum Atheists panel, and my book was mentioned. Jackasses attacked the comments and mocked asexuality, of course.
- Completed reading: Love Me, Love My Broccoli by Julie Anne Peters. Two-star review.
- Currently reading: Of Goddess Born by J.C. Fann.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Holiday" by Madonna, because I just went on holiday and it seemed appropriate.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0506: "Watching for Signs."
None this week.
|Wine was left for us in the home we rented for no apparent reason. (We didn't drink it.)|
|My very pink birthday photo.|
|Kitchen wenches battle it out!|
Social media counts:YouTube subscribers: 4,261 for swankivy (7 new this week), 430 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 604 for swankivy (2 new), 815 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 273 friends (no change) and 156 followers (no change) for swankivy, 511 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 100 likes for So You Write (9 new). Tumblr followers: 1,791 (9 new).