Sunday, September 13, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): September 5 – September 11

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I took some walks and procrastinated on doing my blog stuff. Somehow I managed to take all day not quite finishing and barely finishing my planning for the podcast recording. Oh, I also made a taco and watched some reactions. My podcast partner Daria and I recorded two episodes for the show, "The Message" and "Political Power." Then afterwards I still managed to finish the blogging and got my walking in.

  • Sunday I did manage to get laundry done but other than that it was mostly playing on the Internet and taking walks. I also took the trash out but remembered I wouldn't get pickup the next day because it's a holiday. It was too rainy to do some of my walking outside so I just artificially inflated my indoor walking by folding my laundry and putting each piece away individually, walking between the garage and the piece of clothing's intended place. Definitely got a lot of steps out of that. :) I also did maintenance on my water system, posted some pictures of my most ambitious past recipes, worked on a podcast video, and played my ukulele.

  • Monday I didn't have to work but I didn't really use the time wisely. I got my karaoke done (I usually do it on Sunday but didn't). And posted a new podcast. I wasted a bunch of time reading old stuff and watching reactions. Then I played games with my friends online and we enjoyed the trivia game where you pretend to be creepy toys. Then played DDR after and got started on the next podcast.

  • Tuesday was a work Monday. It wasn't too busy but it did involve editing a letter and going to meetings. I couldn't walk again because it was too rainy! So I played DDR after work to get more steps and worked on a podcast edit and argued with Jeaux over text about cartoons. My "ambitious food" pictures got a front-page feature on SU Amino, hooray.

  • Wednesday I woke up late but also worked late. I did a bunch of proofreading on a proposal and did some recordings to make a harmonic compilation of the Steven Universe theme song. I'll make a video for it at some point. And I read through the latest Steven Universe trade paperback--comics I had already read but it was a new book. Oh, and I'm back to data entry on the project we have. After work Jeaux took me to the store and we came home and had breakfast for dinner while watching silly videos and then he showed me two more episodes of Umbrella Academy.

  • Thursday I was supposed to go to the office and prepare a proposal but my boss was busy and already at the office so he asked me to send him information on how to compile the proposal himself! I didn't have to do it! So I sent him a list of what needed to be done and then he did it. I did some walks and planned my comic. Victor called and we talked about the usual stuff until he dozed off. Then later I ended up chatting with Jeaux on the phone.

  • Friday I had to do my usual biweekly reports and some utility coordination stuff. And my street is being demolished in front of my house because they're fixing the problem with the road caving in. Apparently there are issues with the water system under the street. After work I struggled to get my webcomic up in time and also get my steps in, but I made it!
Articles, Interviews, Mentions:
New Reviews of My Book:

Food Plan Update:

  • Everything's rolling along fine. Still staying under my allocation of food and eating better stuff almost all the time (and it's in moderation if I make a "less healthy" decision), and the walking and DDR aerobics are really keeping me much more active than I was before I started all this. I'm happy with the results I'm seeing on the scale and I feel like it might even be starting to be visible that I've dropped some weight. I think I'm doing the right thing.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: To Be Happy by Rebecca Sugar, Sarah Gailey, Rii Abrego. Five-star review.
    New singing performances:


    This week's karaoke song is "So Emotional" by Whitney Houston.



    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0800: "Do You Remember?."






    New videos: 

    Not-So-Giant Women #14: "Lars and the Cool Kids": Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Lars and the Cool Kids" and cover such topics as Lars being kind of a jerk, Pearl's ability to produce police tape from her head, the Cool Kids' family relationships, Steven finally letting loose on Lars, whether Lars knew Steven's mom, the use of the word "lame," where Steven's shirts come from, Steven's driving and "stick power," how the citizens of Beach City might react to a civilian death caused by Gem activity, and who Mayor Dewey might be trying to beat in an election all the time.


    New photos:

    Just some weird photos of the road work in front of my house. I have a pool!









    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,303 for swankivy (lost 1), 670 for JulieSondra (1 new), 16 for v & V Vids (no change), 102 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 946 for swankivy (3 new), 1,355 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 630 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 220 likes for So You Write (47 new), 84 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,478 (1 new). Instagram followers: 202 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment