Sunday, September 6, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: August 29 – September 4

Life news this week:

  • Saturday involved some household chores and oatmeal. I got my blogging done and processed some old updates, and discussed an eBay sale with an online acquaintance. Jeaux and I got together online to watch Owl House's finale. It was pretty good and we chatted on the Internet together for a while after it was over. I finally used up some old potatoes I had and made mashed potatoes with the skins on, which I ate for three days afterwards. Also tried some macarons that sister P bought me from Kate, and worked on editing a podcast.

  • Sunday I woke up on the early side and got some nice walks in but I kept getting caught in the rain. I finished my edits on the podcast and then worked on the transcript for Maxwell's video interview, did laundry, planned my So You Write comic, and chatted online.

  • Monday was kind of a Monday. My internet connection went out and I had urgent business at work. And then when I finally managed to connect wirelessly to someone else's connection that happened to have a Guest option, my computer at the office was off so I couldn't remote into it. Chatted to my co-worker Karen about possibly going to the office but we ended up not having to because my boss went to the office and restarted it for me. I got some letters and proposals edited and sent. Then after work I hung out with my friends and played games while drawing for my webcomic. I posted the comic after the games were over. And after some walks to get my steps squared away, I got the video of me and Maxwell subtitled and posted.

  • Tuesday I got my bills paid and worked. Also did some cleaning up and listened to videos from my sister. After work I did a Zoom call with my dad to catch up and took some walks, worked on my podcast.

  • Wednesday was a pretty action-packed day. I got two meetings done in the morning, knocked out some administrative forms for an upcoming proposal, got picked up by my co-worker Karen and packed up my stuff at the office because we're moving, got some forms filled out and copies made, and attended one more group meeting with some new employees. Karen bought me a sandwich. Then later after I went home I went back out with Jeaux to the grocery store, and Mom came over to celebrate my book's book-a-versary (it's now been out for 6 years!). She made sandwiches and soup for us and we watched some silly videos and hung out. After she left Jeaux showed me one episode of a show called Umbrella Academy that he wants me to watch. (He cut out something violent at the beginning that I wouldn't want to see.)

  • Thursday I had to play catch-up on walking late in the day because I didn't walk early in the day. And I did DDR after work! Victor called and I drew my comics while talking to him, but he fell asleep so I drew more after he went to sleep.

  • Friday I did data entry all day at work. Then took a long nap and got up and finished the comic, and then found out that the karaoke page I go to was doing a one-day cartoon event where you're supposed to dress up like a cartoon and sing, so of course I did it (with only a couple hours to spare). And I got my comic posted and shared some funny recipes online.


Food Plan Update:

  • Doing well, but having a little trouble getting hungry at the end of the night lately, like right before bed. Sometimes I eat stuff and usually I don't, but it overall doesn't seem to be affecting anything. I'm still satisfied with my progress. I may or may not hit the goal weight at the end of the program in a few weeks. If I do, it will be very close. I'm not interested in treating it like a race though. If that's when it happens, it happens. This week I've also increased my willingness to eat salads by actually using dressing I like. I have a bunch of dressings I'm not hugely fond of and that makes me less interested in eating salads, but I love salad when it's got the right dressing!

Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing, paused on reading projects right now!
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany.





    And the bonus karaoke song for Cartoon Challenge is "It's Over, Isn't It" from Steven Universe.



    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0799: "Exceptional Kindness."






    New videos: 

    Ace Interviews #5: Swankivy Interviews Maxwell is out. Maxwell is from California and identifies as quoiromantic asexual. Check out the interview with this charming person!



    Not-So-Giant Women #13: "So Many Birthdays": Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "So Many Birthdays" and cover such topics as vegan tuna, the Gems' involvement in human affairs, Old Steven lookin' like Danny DeVito, the Gems' emotional reactions, Steven's middle name, Zach Callison's fluctuating voices for different ages of Steven, Steven's "birthday suit," a digression about the disadvantages of time travel, and the concept of Amethyst having a yard sale.



    New photos:

    My macaron!


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,304 for swankivy (2 new), 669 for JulieSondra (lost 2), 16 for v & V Vids (no change), 101 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 943 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,353 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 632 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 173 likes for So You Write (11 new), 84 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,477 (no change). Instagram followers: 202 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment