Saturday, May 9, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: May 2 – May 8

Life news this week:
  • Saturday involved a fair amount of procrastination. My sisters and I picked out Mother's Day gifts and coordinated. I also did outlines for my podcast with Daria and got together with her on Zoom to record. It was lovely like usual even though they were not especially amazing episodes. (Next time, it will be different!) I played too much of a pointless word game and read stuff on Reddit too much. I didn't get my blogging done because I'm lazy.
  • Sunday I again spent too much time avoiding work. I did get my laundry and trash done though. I caught up with all the stuff I'd neglected to post last week and got my blogging up finally. Also did a nice conference call with my family to discuss what to do with some belongings from my grandparents that still needed settling. I ended up volunteering to take a LOT of it. Welp. Very nice to see everyone. :)
  • Monday began my eighth week of working from home. It was not too eventful--taking care of downloads, document processing, and planning for an upcoming interview. I copied down some questions from other interviews for my coworkers. I ended up pretty much just spending an evening playing solitaire, which I had never opened on my computer before.
  • Tuesday I got up late and submitted a proposal at work. My boss made a decision about some work I'd been working on with my coworker Karen and we aren't continuing the job, so I called her and we had an epic chat about stuff. I answered a few OKCupid messages and talked to Jeaux on the phone.
  • Wednesday I had to tackle some utilities work with my boss, and then in the middle of the day my mom's roommate called me and said Mom seems to have had some kind of seizure. What he described sounded dangerous so I asked to talk to her and she wasn't making sense, so I called an ambulance. She had another seizure at the hospital, but based on their reports after that it seems like it might have been caused by low electrolytes. (She sometimes doesn't eat right and I guess her electrolytes were depleted.) She stayed overnight in the hospital. I got to talk to her briefly and she sounded better but tired. I still went grocery shopping that evening with Jeaux and we watched some of What We Do in the Shadows and Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts.
  • Thursday I had a bunch of meetings and worked on a database. Mom got out of the hospital in the afternoon but I didn't get to talk to her. She had lost her phone charger and had apparently bitten her tongue pretty badly during the seizures so it wasn't possible to comfortably talk. It's weird not being able to go see her after something like that because of the distancing requirements. After work I talked to Victor and drew pictures.
  • Friday I started work early and did a bunch of database stuff and timesheets. My boss called a meeting and said he was considering reducing the size of the office space and moving most of us to working from home permanently. I'd be down with that. In the middle of the day I did finally get to talk to Mom and she sounded normal except her tongue is still busted. I got my comics done while talking to my friend Steve and also started reading a new graphic novel after the comic was posted.

New reviews of my book:


Food Plan Update:

  • Bringing back the food stuff, but I'm not going to illustrate with graphs anymore. I did some stress eating when my mom was in the hospital (had pizza with Jeaux!) but other than that I didn't do too terribly and I lost one pound overall. I am disappointed that I didn't do better with eating the salad I bought and more vegetables. I'll try to do better next week.
Reading progress:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week! I didn't ride the bus at all and was very busy at home--did not make time for reading.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Precious Illusions" by Alanis Morissette.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0782: "Changing the Future."









    New videos: 

    None.


    New photos:

    There's not much to photograph right now in quarantine, now that the baking has ended.


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,267 for swankivy (3 new), 680 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 100 for Not-So-Giant Women (lost 1). Twitter followers: 962 for swankivy (lost 3), 1,360 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 298 friends (no change) and 219 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 638 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 61 likes for Negative One (no change), 160 likes for So You Write (no change), 74 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (2 new). Tumblr followers: 2,486 (no change). Instagram followers: 202 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment