Saturday, February 22, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: February 15 – February 21

Sorry, very late posting because I've been sick this weekend!

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I finished preparing some podcast notes for the evening and made some shopping lists. I rode my bike to the Asian Market and bought some stuff for further cartoon dishes (including, to my dismay and delight, a big smelly durian). Then I jumped right into making sushi rice. I didn't finish my sushi in time before it was time for my podcast, so I went and recorded for a few hours with Daria before continuing my quest to reproduce the Cool Kids Potluck (sushi with avocado and cheese puffs, pizza, soda, and assorted fruit). I got several other dishes photographed too. Cool!
  • Sunday was miserable. I had a lot on my plate to do because I wanted to make the other dishes I'd bought supplies for, but I had a terrible headache, and soon I got sick to my stomach and set a new record for how many times I could barf in a single day. Apparently it was not smart to leave my sushi rice out for hours. Hello! So I spent Sunday with pretty bad food poisoning. By the end of the day I could eat bread though, and I managed to rehydrate and relax. I got some of my blogging done and finally posted it.
  • Monday I called out of work because I was still pretty weak. I did some work on transcripts for my boss and sent them in, so I kinda worked from home. Then I went outside and cut up the weird fruit I'd bought. Doing it outside was smart because durian is very smelly. I ended up not being able to eat any of it because I didn't like the durian and the dragonfruit hurt my face, and I am allergic to pineapple so I saved it for Jeaux. I got caught up on my laundry and karaoke too.
  • Tuesday I worked again. Caught up on timesheets and spent most of the day on a county proposal. After work I made some carrots and potatoes for a cartoon recipe and tried to respond to some messages. I also received the last few cards for my Pink Foil card set to be complete, so I have all the trading cards now!
  • Wednesday I did some work on proposals and utilities. After work I went to Beef O'Brady's with Jeaux, shopped at Publix, and bought our tickets to go to New York City in March! (We're celebrating 20 years as friends.) It was a long process to make all the decisions but we're happy with it.
  • Thursday I helped prepare some presentations for my office team. Then they lost the documents by forgetting them on the roof of the car. Still did okay. Worked on a city proposal. Got really sad because we received the announcement that the last 10 episodes of Steven Universe Future are airing throughout the month of March. The show I've been super into for five years will be over next month. It's hard. :( Talked to Victor on the phone and drew comics. Stuff is kinda depressing.
  • Friday it got cold! We found out we scored highest on that presentation where we lost the materials. Haha. I spent the day on city proposal stuff. I had to take the bus home because my coworker who usually drives me home these days left early. Some guy hit on me at the bus stop. :P After work I made some funny GIFs and drew the rest of my comics.
Reading progress:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. I had to take Lyft a bunch of times so not much bus reading time.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Little Lies" by Fleetwood Mac.




    Stuff Drawn:






    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0771: "A Reason to Talk."









    New videos: 

    Letters to an Asexual #76 is up. It's about relationships for aromantic people.



    New photos:



    Potluck food!

    Dragonfruit!


    Pineapple!


    Durian!


    Three fruits cut up!



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,276 for swankivy (6 new), 680 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 83 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 971 for swankivy (no change), 1,356 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 297 friends (1 new, a new friend from a SU group) and 213 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 647 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (no change), 25 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,504 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 196 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment