Saturday, May 11, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: May 4 – May 10

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was FREE COMIC BOOK DAY! I had coffee and then went out with Jeaux and Victor to collect free comics. We got most of what we wanted at Uncanny Heroes (where I usually buy comics) but we also hit Nerd Out comics and ate at Golden Corral. We also elected to see a movie (Captain Marvel) and it was good. Then I went home and completed my blogging, and I also finally got the top score on a quiz I'd been trying to beat. :)
  • Sunday it rained a lot so I did not get to do my table sitting. I did some laundry and had my friend Kari over for pizza and cartoons. We had a great time and watched from episode 69 ("Sadie's Song") to episode 76 ("It Could've Been Great"). She's moving to Gainesville for a while so this is the last time we'll be able to hang out as easily, but I'll still see her. Wahh! I also got to give her her (late) birthday present. She liked it! (It was a Peridot drinking glass.) After she left I did my karaoke and a post about fandom.
  • Monday I did two letters and had a bunch of questions from people that I could not answer. At home I wrote a ramble about asexuality, aromanticism, and the character Amethyst and it ended up getting a feature on Amino.
  • Tuesday I had to work on compilations of intel about one of the districts we're marketing to and I finished that and sent it to my boss. Received a cute dress in the mail and showed off some dress pictures. Set up my new computer! Made some plans with friends and fell asleep early.
  • Wednesday involved another database task, my last marketing class, and not a whole lot else. After work I went out with Jeaux. We ate at Denny's and went grocery shopping, and then watched What We Do in the Shadows and The Tick. He set up some software on my computer that's tricky to install, and we got it working.
  • Thursday was my lil sister's FORTIETH BIRTHDAY. I got to talk to her for a little while and made sure she would be able to use the family gift we were getting her: a gift certificate to the nearby yoga studio. So happy she likes it! On my walk home I unexpectedly ran into my old friend Steve's mom, and we chatted a bit. It's still weird that he died. After work I drew comics and talked to Victor on the phone.
  • Friday I worked on some upcoming letters and printing out a massive spec book for my co-worker, and after work I got to use my new computer for the first time to post my webcomic. Spent some time putting away crap that got spread around the house over the week, and redid decorations for early summer.
Diet progress:

After a while of not actively trying to do anything to improve my nutrition and lose the small amount of weight I intend to lose this year, I decided to go back to something that's worked for me in the past: Keeping track of nutrition using an app. Maybe if I post the weekly results here it'll keep me accountable? Here's this week's. I lost one pound this week, woo.



Reading progress:
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Southland in the Springtime" by Indigo Girls.

     


    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0730: "A Distraction."






    New videos:

    None.

    New photos:


    In Golden Corral on Free Comic Book Day
    Victor in Golden Corral on Free Comic Book Day


    All the free comics I got
    My new Rose Quartz Dress
    My new Rose Quartz dress
    All my SU dresses
    Wearing a Cookie Cat dress at work
    Look, new rubber bracelets! Running out of arm real estate!
    Got the sixth Promo Card for the trading card set coming out in a few months, so here's the whole collection.

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,259 for swankivy (7 new), 679 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 964 for swankivy (2 new), 1,340 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 208 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 646 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,517 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 180 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment