Saturday, May 25, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: May 18 – May 24

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was pretty great. I got to see my friend Sarah for the first time in over a year, and she gave me presents for birthday and holiday since we missed them. I gave her presents for two birthdays and a Christmas. Haha! We ate out at Gino's for Italian food and hung out for a while with her husband David. After they left, I got to catch up on blogging and chat with my first Pitch Wars mentee on the phone. It was a lovely time. It got a little late and since I kept not being able to connect with my mom I told her she could still come over if she wanted, but she didn't answer me.
  • Sunday my mom still never talked to me so I didn't see her. I spent a nice day at the table, tried to repair my water tank again, did laundry and karaoke, helped Victor with his job search, and chatted to my friend Paul a lot. I tried to film a video but couldn't get my software to work on my new computer. It was a relaxing but not so productive day.
  • Monday I had to spend a lot of time on processing resumes for a submission! And we had FOUR letters (one of which was the big one that included the resumes). I was busy busy busy ALL DAY. Then I went home and my mom finally came over! She brought me a couple bags of extra food pantry items, but most of them had spoiled, so that was sad. I tried to cook some of the pasta for her but it turned out terrible and she couldn't eat much of it. We hung out and finally got to do some chatting, and she stayed over.
  • Tuesday Mom couldn't get moving by the time I needed to leave for work so I trusted her to stay behind and lock up my house and leave when she was ready. It turned out okay but she got a sick stomach and threw up in my trash can so that was fun. At home I updated Internet stuff and made banana bread for Jeaux because that was what he wanted for a birthday cake. :)
  • Wednesday I did some work, answered some questions, and met with Jeaux after work to go to Taco Bus and shop at Publix. Then we went back to my place for fun TV (What We Do in the Shadows and we started on the second season of the new She-Ra). We ate some of the banana bread.
  • Thursday was Jeaux's official birthday and he is now a forty-something like me! Well, a forty-nothing. Hooray. Had to do a bunch of forms and stuff at work. After work I did some submissions to short story magazines! I seem to be getting proactive with such things again. I talked to Victor and made an extensive post about my shirt collection, and I also managed to BARELY win an eBay auction for something I never thought I would get. I didn't get to even work on my drawings while on the phone. :o
  • Friday was a quiet day. My bookkeeper at the office got us Thai food and we had a little yum going on. Had to prepare reports. I got a couple rejections from the short stories already! LOL. Got my drawings done and managed to process my webcomic AND get my video software reinstalled (with some help from Jeaux because it was being an ass). I got tired early and couldn't finish processing a video though.

Articles, Interviews, Mentions:




New reviews of my book:



  • L. Fowler gave it a five-star review on Amazon, calling it the bible of Asexuality.

  • Diet progress:

    Check out my nutrition readout. Another half a pound overall this week, but every day it went up and down! I need to really work exercise in if I am going to go any lower I think.




    Reading progress:
    • Finished this week: Didn't quite finish the book I was reading. :/
    • Currently reading: Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
      New singing performances:

      This week's karaoke song is "Take a Bow" by Madonna.

       


      Stuff Drawn:


      A kinda low-effort doodle of two one-eyed Gems, Sapphire and Nephrite.






      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0732: "If She Wants Me."






      New videos:

      I made a couple videos but couldn't process them before the end of the week because the software wasn't working right on my new computer.

      New photos:


      Jeaux's birthday bread
      Current Steven Universe tee shirt collection: 46 shirts
      New pin ribbon!

      Social Media Counts:

      YouTube subscribers: 5,255 for swankivy (lost 4), 682 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 968 for swankivy (no change), 1,340 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 647 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,517 (1 new). Instagram followers: 182 (no change).

      No comments:

      Post a Comment