Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wednesday Factoid: Favorite Household Item

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: Do you have a favorite household item that is known to be "yours," that no one else gets to claim? For example, a coffee mug, a favorite chair, or a spot for your coat?

I guess this is a weird one for me because I live alone so literally everything I have in the house is mine. 

I have two bathrooms in my house. One is in the main hallway and one is a smaller bathroom off the master bedroom. I don't use the master bedroom as a bedroom--I use it an office and all-purpose creative room--so it's sort of in a weird place to be "my" bathroom if I have guests. My personal bedroom is the smallest one and it's right next to the larger main bathroom. When no one is there but me, I really just use both bathrooms for showers and toilet purposes about the same. But when I have guests, I like to let them use the big bathroom, since it's sort of weird to walk into a bedroom (even if it's not being used as a bedroom) and then into a bathroom. So maybe that's one of the closest things I have to a household item being designated "mine."

I don't think I really even have a favorite spot on the couch when I have friends over. I just sit where they don't sit. 

I don't have any bowls or cups that I am squeamish about letting others use either. I don't have a favorite kitchen table seat or a favorite coat-hanging spot. I don't have a car so I have no preferences on where people park. I'm not really sure how a person living alone is supposed to answer this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment