Life news this week:New reviews of my book:
- Saturday I mostly just did a bunch of housekeeping--book reviews, updating photo galleries, and blogging. Other than that, it was a pretty low-key day and I didn't do a lot--I just wanted some time to rest. Also the drawing I did at Drink and Draw the previous day, I had posted it on the Steven Universe Amino and they featured it on the front page, which hasn't happened in a little while, so that was neat.
- Sunday I got up late and hung out at my outdoor table for a long time answering messages and reading. Also made some delicious apple bread for my co-worker because he gave me apples and I figured I could thank him with apple bread. (I wrapped one loaf for him and prepared one to share with the office.) Beyond that, just did laundry and karaoke and stuff.
- Monday wasn't terrible even though we had a last-minute letter to finish at work. The co-worker I'd made apple bread for did not come to work because he'd had a heart attack and was in the hospital, so yikes. I prepared my NaNoWriMo page (viewable to other participants who are logged in) and committed to doing the program. And I really wanted to eat a veggie burger but had no burger buns, so I made some from scratch and got to have what I wanted.
- Tuesday was typical at the office, and I got a ride home and had another veggie burger. I updated some of my fan things, like my t-shirt collection picture since I got two new shirts, and then I took some new photos of my Halloween costume.
- Wednesday was Halloween! I wore a shiny pumpkin shirt and a witch hat to work, and I brought my Pumpkin plushie. No news at the office. Jeaux picked me up and we picked up Which Wich? sandwiches, then went back to my house so we could be there to receive trick-or-treaters. I only got a few though. I answered the door in costume, wearing a Steven mask, and one parent knew who I was. :) We watched our shows in between kids, and then did grocery shopping. After he left I packed my suitcase for Phoenix.
- Thursday was NOVEMBER FIRST, which meant I had to start writing my novel! I've never done NaNoWriMo before so this is exciting. And I did indeed start it, and I did manage to meet the minimum word count goal for the day. (They set a goal for if you write 1,667 words a day, you will have 50,000 words by the end of the month. Pretty reasonable!) At work I did some utility updates, but only worked a half day because I had a lot to do. I went home early, finished up some stuff for Phoenix, and helped my mom with a few things because she needed to go see this financial planner thing and she didn't know how to get there or what to bring. After all that it was pretty late and I needed to be up super early to catch a plane, so I finished up posting my webcomic and finalized my packing.
- Friday I got up at 3:45 AM and got a Lyft to the airport. Plane rides were uneventful; I had coffee and worked on my novel on the first plane, ate a breakfast burrito in Houston (accidentally ate an onion! blechh!), worked on my novel more on the second plane, and landed in Phoenix practically before I left. Haha. The hotel let me check in early so I did. I did some practical stuff and decided to go out to lunch, and found out Fred was nearby getting his suit fitted, so he met me at P.F. Chang's for lunch and I got to see him! We caught up and ate, and then he had to go do errands and I had to go take a nap, so I did that. Then he picked me up for the rehearsal dinner! I got to watch him and his fiancée Kathy practice the ceremony in a beautiful Catholic church, and then we went into an adjoining room to have our dinner. It was catered and very tasty, good salad and awesome potatoes cut in the shape of mushrooms, with apple cobbler and ice cream for dessert. So good! I made a new friend and chatted to her almost all night, and it was so cool to see Fred and Fred's family! Can't believe he'll be a married man tomorrow.
- Finished this week: Nothing, super busy.
- Currently reading: Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse.
This week's song was "Hands" by Jewel.
Webcomic So You Write Issue 89: "Never Say Never."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0703: "Dark Shape."
|Made hamburger rolls!|
|Bonding with Pumpkin, wearing my new Sadie Killer and the Suspects shirt|
|Is 44 shirts enough?|
|Garnet costume, full body!|
|Garnet costume with gauntlets!|
|Garnet costume doing heart hands!|
|Garnet costume with accurate gemstones!|
|Garnet costume with Pumpkin|
|Garnet costume chillin' with Pumpkin|
|Me in my costume comparing myself to a toy|
|Giving my Steven plushie a ride|
|Hanging out with my Steven plushie|
|At work wearing a witch hat, with Pumpkin|
|Airplane selfie! Going to Phoenix for a wedding, so I wore my Ruby and Sapphire wedding shirt.|
|Airport coffee in Houston|
|Cacti selfie in Phoenix|
|Kathy and Fred at their rehearsal|
|Wedding party at their rehearsal|
|More wedding party at their rehearsal|
|Couple laughing at rehearsal|
|Fred and Kathy at rehearsal dinner|
|Me with the happy couple|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,249 for swankivy (lost 1), 680 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 970 for swankivy (3 new), 1,350 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 296 friends (no change) and 203 followers (lost 2) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 58 likes for Negative One (no change), 146 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,519 (2 new). Instagram followers: 160 (no change).