Life news this week:
- Saturday I got my blogs done and my NaNo writing done, and did some webcomic planning, and that night I got to go to Drink and Draw. I prefer Saturday Drink and Draws. I got to have my yummy VLT sammich and got a ton of drawing done, and talked to some new people.
- Sunday Kari came over for cartoons and pizza. We watched Steven Universe from episode 33 to episode 43. We talked for a long time about our lives before the cartoons started. Then I talked to my first Pitch Wars mentee on the phone, and we talked about writing and cartoons and life. It was great to catch up. I also did something super dorky: I created a fan character, sort of. (Well, a concept of what it might look like if two characters fused together, which can happen in Steven Universe, but these characters have not done the thing, and I drew a picture of what I thought it would look like if they did the thing. Never did that before.) When I posted it on the Amino, they featured it on the front page. Wow!
- Monday was an unproductive day. Just kinda did a lot of wheel-spinning. And my co-worker who had a heart attack is back in the office. But at least we got good news about cartoons: Steven Universe is returning with new episodes on December 17. I'm ecstatic. :D Got out of work late for some reason and walked home in the dark, chatted to Mom to keep myself company during the walk, also ended up talking to my sister shortly afterwards and didn't meet my word count goal for the day because I was on the phone too much. :/ I also forgot to post on the Amino, even though I do that every day too (and have only forgotten one other time).
- Tuesday I managed to get more writing done to make up for not writing as much on Monday. I did some e-mail stuff too. Posted a PSA on the Amino which was well received, and did a karaoke session and a comic review before bed. Arthur couldn't come over for cartoons so I had the day to myself.
- Wednesday was the last day of work before the holiday. I got a bunch of paperwork done for my package that's due Monday, got some reports made, and finished my timesheet. Jeaux picked me up and we ate at a restaurant called East!, and we did not go grocery shopping because we were sure Thanksgiving shoppers would be crowding the place up so we just went to my place and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- Thursday was off work for Thanksgiving, but my friend was working so we had to wait until after he got off work to go to my mom's. I baked some rolls and got writing done. Dinner was pretty late at Mom's when I went there with Victor and Jeaux. We had a good time and my friends argued about whether chili was a soup. I didn't get home until close to midnight.
- Friday I was also off work. I had some chats with my sister on the phone again because she happened to be up and her family was not, and I got some drawing done for the webcomic and later some writing done. I also drew a cute picture of Garnet and Steven. :) Managed to post everything on time and fell asleep pretty early.
- In-progress NaNo novel, In Bloom, is at 38,416 words.
New reviews of my book:
- Crystal gave it a five-star review on Amazon, calling it informative and saying people should read it to answer their questions.
- Finished this week: Short week this week, I finished no books, but I did give a four-star review to the Steven Universe comic that came out this week: Ongoing comic #22!
- Currently reading: The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca by Kerr Cuhulain.
For this week's karaoke performance, I did a song my dad introduced me to: it's a Bad Wolves cover of the Cranberries' "Zombie"!
|A fan concept: My idea of what it would look like if CG Sapphire|
fused with CG Pearl. I named her Kyanite!
|Screenshot redraw of the beginning of the episode "The Answer."|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0706: "Useless Lump."
|Rising yeast rolls|
|Baked, finished yeasty bois|
|Some Thanksgiving food|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,255 for swankivy (4 new), 681 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 96 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,355 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 296 friends (no change) and 205 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 653 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 59 likes for Negative One (no change), 147 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,523 (1 new). Instagram followers: 163 (2 new).