- Saturday I cleaned up and updated a bunch of stuff I'd been ignoring. And I opened a big package of toys I bought--but they were blind bag toys and I didn't get all the ones I wanted. Ho hum. I also spent a bunch of time drawing a picture of some characters I'd never drawn before!
- Sunday I went to brunch with Mom. We attended the Not Just For Omnivores Brunch at Cafe Hey and had waffles there. Then after she left I did karaoke, made a cake with cheeseballs on it, and thoroughly documented the process so I could make a tutorial online.
- Monday was Memorial Day so I didn't have to go to work. It was also the date of a Steven Universe hour-long special. So I drew a promo for it, spent most of the afternoon recording a cover of a Steven Universe song which required me to play ukulele, guitar, and drums (plus voice) so there were four of me, and also made a writing video before going to Jeaux's to watch the show. We ate cheeseball cake, enjoyed the episodes, went to Moe's for burritos, and talked about the new episodes for a really long time. After I got home I did laundry.
- Tuesday I did stuff at work and hung out with Victor after. We got Grub Hub delivery and I had spaghetti. We also ate ice cream, and I showed him the new Steven Universe episodes. And I got a pair of shoes in the mail that I've been waiting for!
- Wednesday I got a crash course in a program we use at work, and then after work I met Jeaux and we biked to the comic store so I could get a copy of the new Steven Universe comic issue. Then we ate at Cheddar's and hung out at my house. I posted my latest writing video and my next So You Write webcomic.
- Thursday my co-worker brought donuts and I ate three. (Wow.) Also did some marketing work. After work I recorded a song to post on Musical.ly because they're having a contest, but I didn't know they mostly post stuff in vertical video and mine was sideways. Haha. I'm not gonna fix it. I also ate sushi and drew my comic while on the phone with Victor.
- Friday it rained. I worked and my co-worker took me home. And the Steven Universe soundtrack came out so I listened to it while working on my webcomic. I fell asleep kinda early.
New reviews of my book:
- Kindle Customer gave it a five-star review on Amazon.
- Finished this week: No books, but I did finish and review the Steven Universe comic #4, and that got four stars.
- Currently reading: Pardon Me, You're Stepping On My Eyeball! by Paul Zindel.
This week I performed "Still Alive" from Portal. It's a song from a game where I'm an evil robot lady who tried to kill the protagonist of the game.
|Characters I've never drawn before: |
Smoky Quartz and Sardonyx!
|WANTED poster for the SU special event|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 72: "Full Disclosure."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0629: "Safe and Silent."
My latest writing video is Lack of Diversity: Excuses, which is about when authors make up excuses for why their books can't be more diverse, and how to avoid those excuses.
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Steven and the Stevens." It's more than just ukulele, though! This video has FOUR of me playing instruments and doing a four-way collaboration! In this one, I sing and play ukulele, and also attempt to play guitar and drums. You should be warned that I have never played guitar, and was attempting to play a bass part on an electric guitar because that's what I had, and the guitar is missing a string, and I DO NOT PLAY IT. It has also been a long time since I played drums in college, so I don't really remember anything. But I tried. And the harmonies are weird too. BUT IT'S FUNNY SO WATCH ME DO A QUARTET WITH MYSELF.
|Decorating the Cheeseball Cake|
|Cheeseball Cake, fully decorated|
|About to sample Cheeseball Cake|
|Cheeseball Cake at Jeaux's|
|Attempting to play guitar as Steven 2 wasn't going well.|
|Steven 3 plays ukulele, so I do okay.|
|Steven 4 plays drums. Not so wonderful but it'll do.|
YouTube subscribers: 5,296 for swankivy (lost 6), 640 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Twitter followers: 863 for swankivy (no change), 1,338 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 292 friends (no change) and 207 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,494 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 114 (no change).