- As you might imagine this was a weird week, being the week I had my last days at my job where I've been working for more than ten years!
- Saturday I spent mostly processing the stuff I inherited from the office move, most notably a computer that I had to hook up and add to the stuff in my office (because I'm using it in addition to, not instead of, my existing computer). I also rooted out some stuff for donation 'cause I guess I'm in a purging mood, and I did some job applications and some blogging.
- Sunday I did some roommate stuff for Mom, learned a song on ukulele, did karaoke online, and made a writing video. Did some laundry and some drawings too.
- Monday I had a glitch with bringing my stuff to the donation truck: it wasn't there. So I had to take my stuff home again and then go to work and it made me late on my next-to-last day. I helped with a little more unpacking at the temp office space and did some actual work on a report and updated some e-mail signatures and business cards too. Then I went grocery shopping, came home, and drew some pictures. A new Steven Universe episode was on so I made art about it.
- Tuesday was my last day at the office and there's not a lot to say. I wrapped up some things, had my exit interview and signed a release accepting my severance package, and also had a phone interview with a potential new job. My boss got me a pie and we all ate it together before I left for the last time as an employee. Waaah! My mom came over to drink wine with me, and I drew some pictures. The next episode in the Steven Universe marathon was on so I made more art. Oh, and I managed to find a different place to donate the stuff I couldn't donate on Monday.
- Wednesday was my first day being officially unemployed and it began with my being awakened by the FedEx guy delivering my severance money. Hot damn! I paid bills, washed dishes and cleaned up, and finished a drawing. Then went to meet Jeaux at IHOP where I got free pancakes. Then Jeaux helped me install video editing software on the new computer and it works! Hopefully I'll be able to edit my videos more easily now.
- Thursday I lounged around drinking coffee and took a clerical test online that I'd been invited to complete for a job position. I passed the test. Then I processed a video that Meggie and I had made when she visited last month, and I redecorated for late winter. I got a phone call from another engineering company similar to the one where I worked all those years, and they have a position open for someone like me so I arranged an interview for it for next week. Yay! Then I chatted with Victor on the phone while doing my webcomic drawings.
- Friday was nice and chill. Did some more job stuff, started trying to clean out my e-mail that I've been ignoring (I'm working on it, guys!), got some reading in, and processed my webcomic. I got my video subtitled and posted, too. Everything's pretty good considering I don't have a job.
Interviews, Features, Mentions:
- Julie Sondra Decker: Shrug Off Stereotypes And Feel Free To Be Yourself: Welker Media did a little walkthrough about me and my life as an asexuality activist and author.
- Finished this week: Fluke by Christopher Moore. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Dykes to Watch Out For by Alison Bechdel.
This week's performance was "China" by Tori Amos.
|Fanart inspired by the SU episode "Steven's Dream."|
|Fanart inspired by the SU episode "Gem Heist."|
|Fanart inspired by the SU episode "The Zoo."|
|Fanart inspired by the SU episode "That Will Be All."|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0612: "The Problem Child."
A new video on my writing channel is about Finding Your Character Voice.
A new video on my asexuality channel gives you a chance to Meet Meggie as we talk about friendship, asexual-spectrum stuff, and Cookie Cats.
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "Glad You Came" by The Wanted.
|"Haven't brushed my hair yet today because I am a bum" hair.|
|Trying to eat the goodbye pie with giant forks.|
|Jerry is bravely cutting the goodbye pie.|
|Me with my pie on my last day. :(|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,301 for swankivy (lost 6), 614 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 855 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,329 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 294 friends (no change) and 205 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,498 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 103 (1 new).