- Saturday I finally posted my fan comic on Tumblr. The reception was pretty okay--people liked it and I got several surprising private messages from people who REALLY enjoyed how I wrote it. (Wow!) I made the decision to stop applying for jobs and take the one I was offered unless one of the other ones I'd had some forward motion with came through and seemed better.
- Sunday I took a ride out to the ATM to deposit my last check from my old job. (I got severance!) It was kinda sad. I practiced ukulele but wasn't able to get the song down well enough to make a recording. I also posted my comic in a Facebook forum for fans and got a ton of nice, supportive comments. Which is really nice after all that work I put in last week on making it the best it could be.
- Monday was Presidents' Day, and it was irrelevant for me because I DON'T HAVE A JOB HAHA. I went grocery shopping and got my ukulele video done. And I drew a picture for the next new cartoon episode.
- Tuesday I found out my friend Meghan got the job she'd been hoping for, which is thrilling. I also went to Chili's and Michael's with my mom, where I got some new markers and some salad and fries. ;) I played my ukulele video for my mom but she laughed at it because she says I'm really bad at whistling. (There's whistling in the video.) Can't win them all! Also got into a pointless argument on the Internet which resulted in the other person getting kicked out of the group. Yikes.
- Wednesday I had a low energy day. Spent the time drawing the preliminary sketches for my next So You Write comic and watching videos, then going out with Jeaux to Five Guys. I tried to nap but my neighbors' noise wouldn't let me. Did some reading after Jeaux left.
- Thursday I went to the phone store to get my phone checked out because it's been acting weird. Got stuck behind a customer who literally bogarted the employee's attention for HALF AN HOUR before he could help me. They sold me a memory card that should help my phone stop freezing and rebooting itself, but I don't know. I also reached out to a driving school to see if I could schedule driving lessons, and left a message. And I made some sushi, but ran out of seaweed paper before I ran out of rice. Oh, and I accepted the job offer so now I'm officially scheduled to start my new job in March. Later I talked to Victor on the phone and drew some of my webcomic.
- Friday I finished the webcomic, scheduled driving lessons for the week before I go back to work, went to Jeaux's for a new cartoon (the episode was "Rocknaldo," haha), and didn't do much except chill on the Internet after that.
- Isabelle gave it a two-star review on Goodreads.
- Finished this week: Dykes to Watch Out For by Alison Bechdel. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Welcome to the Slipstream by Natalka Burian.
This week's performance was "Human Behaviour" by Björk. (This one's pretty weird, if you're not familiar with the song anyway.)
|Fan art to accompany new Steven Universe episode "Rocknaldo"|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0615: "Imitating It."
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "On the Run" from Steven Universe.
|Giving a high five to a new Internet follower|
|The sushi I made|
|About to eat sushi.|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,297 for swankivy (3 new), 616 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 843 for swankivy (lost 5), 1,320 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change, but I friended someone so I guess I lost someone too) and 206 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 127 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,494 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 102 (no change).