- The Maclean's article I was interviewed in actually doesn't get posted online, apparently--it's only available to subscribers. And people who can buy it on a newsstand in Canada. But that's okay. It's just a little one-page bit about asexuality (featuring me) and some other related stuff.
- Frustratingly unproductive week. I wanted to do my Psychology Today
post and some editing and some other stuff but I just didn't seem to be
able to keep my steam flowing. I'm not sure why I'm dealing with weird
- Corinne called on Saturday and we
talked for several hours while I just kinda puttered around washing
dishes and cleaning up the apartment (it kinda needed it). Usually I
draw or something when I'm on the phone but I had nothing planned to
draw. So all I did on Saturday was talking to her and planning/making a
video. I guess the video was kind of productive. It's also really funny.
I had my mom over for a short time--she brought me macaroni!--and she
gave me a nice neck/shoulder rub because I have weird tenseness. She's
nice. :) Victor was supposed to drop by to get the holiday presents he'd
ordered to my house for his girlfriend but he didn't do it because "it
got forgotten" when he was in town. (Hahahaha. After he told me it "got
forgotten," he then followed up with "by me." So we had to figure out
another time for him to come.)
- Finally managed to get all my holiday cards out, woohooooo!
- We hired one of my friends at my office! Yasmin is going to be a traffic counter for us.
got my annual performance review at work. Apparently I'm completely
perfect and should continue to be perfect. That's how I interpreted it,
- Victor, Tia, and Faith came over on Tuesday--the
first night of Hanukkah--and I made latkes. That was fun. We also
played Cranium, which is a team game, so I was on a team with Tia and he
was on a team with Faith. My team won! Barely. I was sad that we didn't
open presents. He just took my presents with him and didn't want me to
open mine. I guess they like waiting for Christmas, but I'm going to
bother them into letting me open mine on the winter solstice.
- Jeaux Day involved food at Moe's (yay mini tofu burrito) and we saw the second-to-last episode of Korra and listened to Night Vale. I drew some pictures for my So You Write comic.
was the office party! And I never want to eat again! We went to
GrillSmith and my boss in typical fashion ordered lots of appetizers so I
stuffed myself with guacamole/chips and margherita flatbread and a
couple breadsticks, and then my food came and I had THE BEST SALAD
(arrrgh it was so tasty, I want to recreate it for my family, it was a
Napa Valley salad, which contained mixed field greens, dried
cranberries, candied walnuts, Roma tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese crumbles,
and a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing, mmmmmm), plus a side of
their smashed cauliflower. And then we had to go to my boss's for
dessert! Where I had coffee, apple pie, and ice cream! *gurgle*
- The presents I sent to friends arrived a bunch this week. I didn't get anything new except for the Victor presents I can't look at yet and also a gift certificate from my day job. People can get me stuff from my Amazon list if they want! (The link didn't work last week because I'm kinda goofy, but it's fixed. The sidebar has different categories of stuff and you can pick.)
- Alison of An Un-Calibrated Centrifuge posted a review of my book compared with two others on asexuality (the self-published book Asexuality: A Brief Introduction and the textbook Understanding Asexuality). Alison said mine was the best. :)
- Teen Librarian Toolbox is posting their recommended 12 Blogs of 2014, and the site DiversifYA was recommended, with my contributed interview/post on asexuality being highlighted as one of the great posts of the year.
- "No sex please—it's boring": That's the Maclean's article I was interviewed in.
- Completed reading: Nothing this week, because I'm a loser.
- Currently reading: Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Shame On You" by the Indigo Girls. I again did this because of leftover raspiness. And because apparently I am really into gay songs right now.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0501: "The Real Story."
Letters to an Asexual #23: Very silly video about how one time a guy said he thought I wasn't really asexual because in my videos I made a "sexual face" one time. See me debunk that.
First, the old monthly haircut comparison photos:
And now some fun photos.
|I wore this dress at work.|
My boss said I looked like a bee.
|Ginger cookies are incredibly tasty.|
|Victor always makes a weird face for photos.|
|Menorah! First night of Hanukkah.|
|Got cute for the holiday party.|
|An Office Cheesecake appears.|
|I made it disappear.|
Social media counts:YouTube subscribers: 4,168 for swankivy (18 new this week), 417 for JulieSondra (6 new). Twitter followers: 598 for swankivy (4 new), 806 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 273 friends (1 new--friended Carey) and 156 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 503 likes for JulieSondra (lost one--someone unliked me?), 54 likes for Negative One (3 new), 89 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 1,763 (14 new).