- I went to my sister Lindsay's wedding after-party with my sister Patricia and brother-in-law Yusuke. They left the baby with my mom and it was the longest they'd left him with someone else! We had a good time.
- I tagged along with P, Y, and Ash to go see Grandma. They were driving to Sarasota that day and asked if I wanted to come along last minute. So we saw Dad and Connie, visited Grandma at the home, and went out to lunch with my aunt Elisa and my grandpa. It was a good time. And really inspiring to think that now that Ash is here we had four generations in one room. Poor Ash haaaates his carseat though. He cries when he's in it.
- More good publishing news this week! But it's stuff I don't talk about publicly so. My agent and I ended up rambling in e-mails about the Maleficent movie. (Neither of us have seen it.) Haha.
- My publisher for the nonfiction book is going to give me a few advance reading copies to raffle off at the Ontario event! Excited to see them. Even though they have mistakes and I hadn't finalized the acknowledgments page.
- I'm allllmost done with the third-pass edits for my book. I have done no writing this week at all because I'm trying to get this done. I'm only about 50 pages from the end.
- My passport arrived. :) I'm safe for Canada! And the room and my tickets have been finalized--Yusuke gave me frequent flyer miles and I didn't have to pay for my ticket. I'm so amazed. WOWWW.
- I hung out with my mom and P, Y, and A at Mom's house. We ate leftover Chinese food, some extra tofu and mushrooms we sautéed up, and then we made banana bread from scratch because Mom had old bananas. :) And the baby tried to eat my face and my shirt!! Such cuteness.
- I ate at the new Five Guys with Jeaux this week. Then we listened to Night Vale and watched part of an episode of America's Got Talent. We like that show. When the live shows start I'll be going to his house to watch them, since I don't have TV.
- I lack famousness this week.
- Finished The Maxx #1 by Sam Kieth. ★★
- Currently reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
New singing performances:
Recorded "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0473: "I Won't Look."
|Newly married sister Lindsay and husband Mike|
at their after-party.
|Patricia, Lindsay, and me at the after-party.|
|Four generations--a great-grandpa/great-grandma, a grandpa,|
a mom and dad, and a baby boy!
|My dad is a good grandpa.|
|My dad is trying to wear Ash's tiny hat.|
|Baby plays with a hammer! It lights up!|
|Baby Ash reaches for his mommy's face.|
|Eat Daddy's fingers, baby!|
|This is the blanky I used as a little girl.|
Now Ash gets to enjoy it. :)
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 3,412 for swankivy (32 new this week), 344 for JulieSondra (5 new). Twitter followers: 493 for swankivy (lost one), 407 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 251 friends (2 new, friended Sharon and Wayne) and 122 followers (2 new) for swankivy, 346 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 47 likes for Negative One (no change), 70 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 1,345 (7 new).