Saturday, June 21, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: June 14 – June 20

Life news this week: 

  • I finished writing a new short story and I think I'll call it "Heels Over Head." It's not finalized yet. 
  • My latest newsletter went out this past week. If you aren't subscribed and you want to be, sign up here. If you just want to look at past newsletters, I made an option for that! Go to my newsletter's page on my author site and scroll down to read all four previous issues.
  • I got to see my sister Lindsay and my dad on Monday, and we ate at New York's Best Pizza and looked at her wedding photos.
  • My baby nephew Ash turned 6 months old on the 20th and I can't even deal with it. 
  • I ate at Chili's with Jeaux this week. Then we listened to Night Vale and watched some America's Got Talent.

Places featured: 

  • My book was excerpted in TIME Magazine--but I was very put off by the errors/misleading statements they attached to it, so I didn't really share it around. They listed writing credits I don't have (said I have "written for" magazines I've only been interviewed in), and said my book talks about how asexual people can "become sexual," which I thought was misleading. (Attempts to get it fixed did not work out.) I discussed what's wrong with the article in more detail on my author site where I link it. Other than that, yeah, it's awesome to get an excerpt in TIME. It was also linked on Facebook, where it was subjected to dozens of mocking and dismissive comments of course, and got negative Twitter attention from someone who was convinced asexuality in women is more likely to be a symptom of misogyny than a real sexual orientation. So, ho hum. The usual.
  • Short story "Your Terms" was published in Timeless Tales. (You probably knew that if you read the blog.) It's pretty cool, and only 2,000 words; look for it at the end of the magazine.

Reading progress:

  • Finished Captain Underpants #9 by Dav Pilkey. ★★★
  • Currently reading Wood Nymph Seeks Centaur by Francesca Lia Block.

New singing performances:



Recorded "You Don't Love Me Anymore" by Weird Al.






New drawings:



Webcomic Negative One Issue 0475: "Since the Moon."









Critique partner Whitney Fletcher's protagonist, Ingrid, in chibi style, angry about something and/or everything.
 







New videos:


Asexuality at WorldPride








New photos:

Nothing new this week except my monthly hair comparison photos:

February 2014, just after chop
Back view, June 2014
Front view, post-chop
Front view, June 2014

But my sister's professional wedding photos arrived this week and I have a few of the cutest ones arranged right here:


Social Media Counts:

YouTube subscribers: 3,455 for swankivy (25 new this week), 350 for JulieSondra (4 new). Twitter followers: 504 for swankivy (8 new), 420 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 252 friends (no change) and 125 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 362 likes for JulieSondra (11 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 71 likes for So You Write (1 new). Tumblr followers: 1,366 (1 new).

No comments:

Post a Comment