Saturday, November 18, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday: November 11 – November 17

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had to stop taking vitamins because it was required for my upcoming medical procedure. I spent the day over at my mom's house packing up the rest of her kitchen for donation, cleaning off her table/cleaning out her dish cabinet/cleaning out a couple desks/collecting up her jewelry, and even tossing some paperback books in the recycler. (We really can't donate them--they're very damaged from smoke.) I was very sad tossing my mom's beloved sewing machine (it was broken). Also, my Lyft driver on the way over there was yelling at me in dismay that I had "allowed" the tree across the street on the golf course to be cut down. "You should have stopped them!" he said, and didn't accept that the tree had been dying and/or that I am not in charge of what happens on the golf course. (To add to the weirdness, he didn't speak English and I didn't speak his Chinese dialect, so we were having this conversation through a translation app.) Weird experience. Got home after taking lots of garbage out and got cleaned up, did my blogging, did a Polo, and stayed up late for no real reason doing silly quizzes online.

  • Sunday was band practice. Dad picked me up and we practiced seven new songs and some of our old ones. Went pretty well and was fun, and we ate at Yard House afterwards. Got home and did laundry and trash, and then worked on Polos and another episode of Not-So-Giant Women. Went to bed early.

  • Monday there were no letters because they were all bumped to Tuesday. I just did some research catch-up and follow-ups. Calculated out some budget stuff and found out that where I thought I was behind I was actually ahead. Worked on the podcast again.

  • Tuesday I had two letters to go out and one of them was a bit chaotic. This was the last day before I would have to go on a clear liquid diet so I loaded up on protein for all my meals (since I would not be able to get ANY protein the next day). Worked on Polos, karaoke, laundry, and a podcast, and worked a teeny bit on a short story I'm writing.

  • Wednesday I mostly did reports all day. I began a liquid diet and I was super hungry the first half of the day even though I was getting plenty of calories. My favorite things to eat were my lemon popsicles and my vegetable broth, and I was super happy that coffee is okay without creamer as long as I use lots of sweetener. After work I had to start taking laxatives and it was nowhere near as dramatic as I'd been led to believe, though the treatment itself was Super Yucky. I was able to take a two-hour nap even (because I had to be up for a 5:30 AM appointment the next day!). Did some Polos.

  • Thursday super early morning I had to take more laxatives at 2 AM and then went back to bed. Again not dramatic but I was very thirsty and got dehydrated. Jeaux picked me up and took me to the surgery center and we got there right on time. Right before my procedure was when I had to potty a lot LOL. I got taken back to the prep area and had to change into the hospital clothes and a nurse was very nice to me and kept bringing me warm blankets because I get cold easily. I felt better after I got IV fluids. But then I got taken into the procedure room and they knocked me out and the next thing I remember I was drinking juice in the recovery room. I am officially a young old person who has survived her first routine colonoscopy. Wheee. Jeaux took me to IHOP because I could eat again so I had eggs and pancakes. We spent the day hanging out and resting, and then later we went grocery shopping and out to eat at Burger 21. Later we played games with our friends and tried to watch Colbert but I got very tired and slept early (for me).

  • Friday I went to work and did timesheets and reports. Worked on my comic, did some Polos, and talked to my probate lawyer (they just got a new paralegal signed on and she called to update me on everything). Got some laundry done and finished the comic and did some Polos. Somehow I ended up not walking quite enough and missed my step goal by less than a thousand for the first time in a very long time.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • Modern Pleasure: Dr. Jenni and Kim interview me for "The Asexuality Convo." Nice overview with some basic coverage about asexuality, but balanced with nuanced discussions of asexual people's relationship to sex and how discrimination can manifest.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Everything was a little bit weird this week since I had the liquid diet and medical procedure stuff, so this isn't really good data. High weight: 123.7. Low weight: 121.2.
  • Nutrition stuff: I've been eating a pretty balanced diet but still need better ways to get vegetables into my diet consistently. I had one super protein-heavy day right before a 100% carbs day because of the liquid diet. For 5 days this week I did not take vitamins because I was asked to stop them before the procedure, but after that I went back to consistently taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week except I missed it by a small amount somehow on Friday. My low day was Friday at 9,586 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 12,719 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: Loveless by Alice Oseman. I'm on page 126.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree.



    Stuff drawn:



    Videos Made:

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 66: Historical Friction is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Historical Friction" and cover such topics as the ongoing storyline's application in this episode, Jamie's thespian ventures, Mayor Dewey's crush on Pearl and what his actual first name is, who Dewey's running against all the time anyway, Mayor Dewey's initial refusal to accept edits, the history of Dewey's family being mayor, the identity of the Fusion that saved William Dewey, Stevenian enthusiasm, Nanefua's inappropriate behavior, and the creative name "Beach City."




    New photos:

    Cardinal

    Cardinal


    Downy Woodpecker & Cardinal


    Cardinal, Tufted Titmouse, and House Finch

    Cardinal

    Tufted Titmouse and House Finch


    And also the neighbor's cat, Bruno, is very interested in the bird feeder.


    Social Media Counts: 



    YouTube subscribers: 5,443 for swankivy (lost 2), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 194 for Not-So-Giant Women (3 new), 70 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 850 for swankivy (no change), 3,858 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 246 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,441 (no change). Instagram followers: 266 (3 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment