Sunday, November 5, 2023

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): October 28 – November 3

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I worked on blogging but didn't get it done in time before I had to leave. Ben picked me up to go to his board game party and I got to meet his roommate, Danny. We arrived at his house and he had a cat so I had to take my allergy medicine. Glad I had some with me! We got pizza and I brought my pumpkin spice cupcakes, and I got to meet his other friends Javi, William, Kirk, and Scott. We played the game Just One which was fun, and then split up into a complicated game table and an easier game table (I went for the easier one, and played Quacks of Quedlinburg). We all chatted about various things and Scott gave me a ride home when I had to go. Great night!

  • Sunday I had a restful day. Finished blogging, engaged in a bunch of texting, and finally a little bit of Chore Mode (laundry, trash, paying bills). Did karaoke and made more pumpkin spice cupcakes to use up the pumpkin and frosting I had left over!

  • Monday three letters and two teaming request waves went out. Did some walking and Polos, put away laundry, and wrote, drew, and processed my So You Write comic.

  • Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment for routine stuff and other than that I worked--had meetings and research. Got my candy and stuff set up for trick-or-treaters! Got a few waves and it was fun to see their costumes. Decided I wanted to make a Steven Universe COOKBOOK for the ten-year anniversary of the show's premiere! I have been wanting to do one for a long time but it was intimidating. And yet I somehow decided it'd be a good idea to take it on and do it within four days. Smart.

  • Wednesday I went to work and worked on the Steven Universe cookbook all day until Jeaux got to my house. We ate at SoFresh, grocery shopped, took walks, finished watching Our Flag Means Death, caught up on Colbert, and then after he left I worked on the cookbook more.

  • Thursday I had utility stuff and meetings and the first real cold snap of the year. I continued working on the cookbook after that. Also started working on Negative One during game night playing with my friends.

  • Friday I had reports and other stuff to catch up on. Other than that I finished Negative One and got it posted, and did nothing else the rest of the day except work on the cookbook. I finished it in the wee hours of the morning. A 118-page cartoon cookbook made in four days. It probably has some mistakes and problems but I just wanted to get it out there for release on Saturday.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Started the week with the highest numbers I've seen! Weird. But then I spent a chunk of the week working on my cookbook project constantly and kinda kept forgetting to eat, and the numbers went back down. Neither situation is good. But I'm hoping not to see that number again and hopefully get down below 120 again before the end of the year. I know it seems like small potatoes but I really need to not buy all new pants. High weight: 124.5. Low weight: 122.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: Did really well with protein this week! Maybe a little better on everything else. Still need more vegetables and haven't been buying the stuff to do smoothies for reasons. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,217 steps, and my high day was Friday at 12,253 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: Loveless by Alice Oseman. I'm on page 126.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by the Supremes.



    Stuff drawn:

    My monthly writing webcomic, So You Write:


    #149: the awesome scene.

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:


    #0964: dax #141: carrying water.


    Videos Made:

    None.


    New photos:

    Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes for Ben's birthday

    Ben's friends enjoying my cupcakes

    Ben enjoying the cupcakes

    Me trying a cupcake


    Social Media Counts: 
    YouTube subscribers: 5,447 for swankivy (4 new), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 191 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 71 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 851 for swankivy (2 new), 3,866 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 243 likes for So You Write (lost 2), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,442 (8 new). Instagram followers: 263 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment