Saturday, September 3, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: August 27 – September 2

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I finished up some podcast planning, went to my mom's house for a while to see her new countertops and help her with her curtains, went home, and recorded "Beta" and "Earthlings" with Daria.

  • Sunday was more band practice--got some good work in, ate at Madfish afterwards, and did chores once I was home, plus got in some online screwing around and organizing podcast files.

  • Monday involved four letters going out, but we made it. And I got some documents in that I'd been waiting for for one of my projects! When work was over I felt like there was a really big gap between the end of the work day and the beginning of game night, but I don't know why. I colored some comic frames during our games and afterwards worked on the podcast.

  • Tuesday a guy calling the wrong number woke me up and called me 7 more times during the day until I was finally able to tell him he had the wrong number. Worked on my comic and helped my mom with her bills. Did some submitting and ate pearled couscous for the first time (yummy!). Wrote some journal stuff.

  • Wednesday I was locked out of my computer all day at work so I did what I could with my limited access. I worked on my podcast too. Jeaux picked me up and we grocery shopped and picked up food from Mandola's. Watched What We Do in the Shadows and a couple more episodes of Sandman and took a walk.

  • Thursday I got back into my work computer and did yesterday's work as well. Organized some meetings and did utility work. Made a Polo for Cara and while I was talking to her a ridiculous storm hit and lighting blew out my lights and fried my modem (so she got to actually watch me scream when it happened, haha). I had to run outside and make sure the house wasn't on fire because there was a burning smell. My office smelled like hot rubber for at least half an hour and my modem was destroyed. An outage happened in the area as well but since my modem was dead I had to go without internet for the rest of the night. Worked on my podcast editing and my webcomic.

  • Friday I got up early and went to my radiology appointment and then took my burned modem to the Spectrum store. Apparently I was not alone because when I got there I was 23rd in line. They did GREAT with helping me and it was so relatively fast! I got a new modem and a router and took them home and was able to set them up on my own. Finally I got back to work. I had missed one meeting but I was able go to to my afternoon meeting. We got a lot done, and I found out I have a new project to coordinate, and I had to make an ad for something else, plus I did my reports--very busy. I finished my webcomic and worked on a set list for the band--we have a gig next week!

New Reviews:


Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Doing okay, pretty stable, but higher than I'd like--and I haven't really done anything this week to change that. High weight: 118.1. Low weight: 117.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: I have been doing VERY well with the vegetable eating, mostly because I bought extra salad (a tub of spinach AND a tub of mixed greens) so I have been eating it every day, plus getting lots of carrots. However, overdoing it on the fat content is still a problem this week. Vitamins have been consistent!
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,090 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 11,948 steps.
Books Read: 


    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "The Longest Time" by Billy Joel.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic So You Write Issue 135: "Accept the Unacceptance." 







    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0903: "Place of Fear." 





    Videos Made:

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 44: Marble Madness is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Winter Forecast" and cover such topics as plot movement, Peridot's attitude toward humans, Gem history on Earth and how much is known about the Crystal Gems, the Red Eye's purpose, the Gems' approach of "attack first, ask questions never," Connie's different character designs and clothing, books with an ORDER, storyboarders' different styles, digressions about alien languages and Babel fish, and how Rose Quartz's hair got so shiny.



    New photos:

    Awesome salad!


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,430 for swankivy (lost 1), 676 for JulieSondra (lost 3), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 147 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 907 for swankivy (1 new), 3,417 for JulieSondra (9 new). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 638 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 235 likes for So You Write (no change), 91 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,448 (no change). Instagram followers: 245 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment