Sunday, May 16, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): May 8 – May 14

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got up early and prepared some fruit and eggs for my visiting friends Ben and Jodi. They brought cinnamon rolls and we sat outside at my patio table to chill and catch up while eating yummies. After they went on their way I took a nap and got up in time to sign onto a podcast I agreed to participate on, run by my friend Derek and another partner. We talked about Steven Universe in the context of queerness and society for a very long time, and they're going to feature some of my ukulele covers when the episode airs next month. I got tired before I could do any blogging stuff.

  • Sunday I got up early again and got some dishes done and some blogging done. I made oatmeal cookies with raisins and Mom came over for Mother's Day, and we ate the cookies and talked to my sister on Facebook chat because it was her birthday. My mom opened her mom's day gift from my sister while on video and it was nice. I helped my mom go through some papers she couldn't understand and let her pick some clothes from a bag of secondhand clothes my old coworker Karen gave me. After she left I got the laundry done and messaged my sister some more.

  • Monday I was pretty slammed with letters and proposal preparation. It was a pretty stressful day, partly because a lot of my work was dependent on other people finishing their tasks before I could process them and deadlines were making me nervous. Managed to get some walking time in the evening and hung out with my friends to play games online, and did some karaoke.

  • Tuesday I had some utility coordination and a bunch of back and forth with proposals. It was another pretty stressful day trying to get stuff done before deadlines. Besides work, I wrote my comic early and worked on it so I could have Friday free to hang with Meghan. I had to look up neurologists for my mom and made a recording of a song from Steven Universe called "Be Wherever You Are."

  • Wednesday a proposal we were scrambling to get done changed its due date half an hour before we were gonna turn it in so that was bizarre. I did some other work on a proposal that was due soon and went to various meetings. It was a really eventful day! After work I went to the store with Jeaux and since I'd had such a stressful week he cooked our veggie burgers and fries for us. We just hung out and talked and took a walk.

  • Thursday was less stressful than I expected because some of the work I needed to do was ready before I expected! I put together two proposals and talked to Victor in the evening.

  • Friday work was a lot less stressful and I took some time away to make up for some of the extra time I put in, staying logged in to address anything that came up. I got my drawings done and posted my comic. Tended my garden stuff and got a few things ready for Meggie's arrival. She came when she said she would and we hung out, got some sushi delivered, and had a lovely time talking and sharing stories and catching up. She brought wine and we had some.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Not too happy that my numbers are staying higher than they have been lately. I think I initially thought if I was maintaining a weight about 5 pounds higher than my goal then I'd try to lose it again, but I haven't gotten up that high and I'd rather not. That said, I will eat the food I have around (some of which is a little snacky)--just in better moderation, I hope. High weight: 113.5 pounds. Low weight: 111.4.
  • Nutrition stuff: I had a lot of fruit this week, which is great! Still need to work on getting more veggies.
  • Activity stuff: My tracker for steps keeps doing a weird thing where it freezes, so there have been a couple days I think I did fine but have no proof of that. Still, Friday was a day I didn't make it to my 10K goal because I was hanging out with Meg and we just sat and talked for most of the evening. My high day was Wednesday at 14,245 steps. My low day was Friday at 7,433 steps.
Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: How Mirka Met a Meteorite by Barry Deutsch. Five-star review.
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm just getting started.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Desperado" by the Eagles.




    Stuff Drawn:


    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0835: "Waiting to Fail." 





    New videos: 

    None.


    New photos:

    Mother's Day cookies

    Wine girls



    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,292 for swankivy (1 new), 670 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 124 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 931 for swankivy (no change), 1,565 for JulieSondra (5 new). Facebook: 301 friends for swankivy (no change), 629 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 75 likes for Negative One (no change), 228 likes for So You Write (1 new), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,465 (no change). Instagram followers: 232 (no change).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment