Saturday, January 2, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: December 26 – January 1

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was a sort of fuzzy blank day. Just trying to process everything and support Meggie because of Brendon passing away on Christmas. I did some chatting with my sister, talked to Meg on the phone, and posted some old photos of Brendon on social media. I ate a lot of leftovers and wasn't really paying attention to my choices. Drank a bunch of wine. Texted with friends and family.

  • Sunday there was also not much difference from the day before. I didn't really clean up and I ate a lot of crap. I did do a little transcript typing, did my chores around the house, and did karaoke. Talked on the phone to Kathy and Fred a long time. And talked to Meg again. Did some digital cleanup.

  • Monday I didn't have any meetings but it was a little busy with utility letters going out and letter prep. Did some more stress eating (and drinking). Meg still wanted to play games so we met (a little early) online so she could have an opportunity to laugh. We had some good times and I'm really glad she reaches out to talk to us when she needs us. Patricia messaged later to tell me she had some time to talk, and we ended up talking for like five hours or something. Wow! I got kinda drunk from the wine.

  • Tuesday I received my third pink varsity jacket so now I have the complete collection of three! I started getting the fundraiser payments hitting my bank so I sent them to Meg as they came. Did a letter at work, found out I got a holiday bonus, and worked on a proposal. After work I worked on a transcript and drank a bunch of wine. Made zucchini with linguine.

  • Wednesday I worked on another County proposal and the package for our upcoming interview. We hired a new guy. Ate more zucchini. Jeaux came over and we shopped, and he wanted mashed potatoes so I taught him how to make them. He was very pleased with himself. Then we watched fun videos and picked up watching Season 3 of Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. Also I texted with Meghan and Steve.

  • Thursday was New Year's Eve but I had no plans except for drinking Sangria by myself. (That is what I did.) I did have to work though, and spent most of the day engaged with making reports and doing timesheets. My computer went down for a short time and my boss had to physically go to the office to fix it for me so I worked late to make up the time. After work I drew a So You Write comic and posted it, and was prepared to draw while talking to Victor but he didn't call. I made some Polos for my sister and I went outside when I heard fireworks. 2021!

  • Friday I had the day off so I spent it working on my comic, cleaning up the house a little, and posting my 2020 year-end survey. (Read it if you haven't!) Then I invited my mom over for the usual tradition of Breakfast for Dinner (except usually my sister and family is visiting, so this was pretty tiny, but still nice to do it). She showed up right on time! So I teased her that she's been on time for 100% of this year. We had eggs with mushrooms, soy bacon, and cheesy biscuits. She fell asleep after all that food so I let her stay the night on the couch.
New reviews of my book:

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • This Tumblr thread has some discussion suggesting my book is good for aces to read but expresses reservations thinking the book doesn't support the inherent queerness of asexual people enough.
Food Plan Update:

  • It's been a rough week, diet wise, so I'm not sure why my scale numbers have not reflected what I expected. I got a new low weight this week--108.5 pounds. I have been below my goal weight for most of the week despite eating a lot of junk and drinking a ton of wine. I don't plan to continue this behavior--I can certainly write it off to the stress this week of losing Brendon and worrying about my friends--but I think this may be the last week I'll post my charts since I seem to be settling into a maintenance mode and don't need such strict monitoring anymore.

  • I also had multiple days this week where I did not try to meet my 10,000 steps goal. I don't believe it will be tough to regain this but again the circumstances of what is happening in my personal life do suggest if I need more rest than usual it's okay.

  • Here are this week's charts.



Reading progress:

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M.



    Stuff Drawn:





    Webcomic So You Write Issue 115: "Not Healthy." 









    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0816: "Faking It." 





    New videos: 

    Daria's interview video is processed and approved, but I haven't finished the transcript so it'll be a bit longer before I can publish.

    New photos:



    My Daylight Curfew Jackets!

    Jacket Mark I Closed
    Jacket Mark I Open

    Jacket Mark II Closed
    Jacket Mark II Open
    Jacket Mark III Closed
    Jacket Mark III Open
    Ukulele with new jacket on

    Bonus: my first selfie of the year.

    Singing a song!

    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,294 for swankivy (6 new), 668 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 110 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 938 for swankivy (lost 1), 1,357 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (1 new--added a friend's alt), 629 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 73 likes for Negative One (no change), 224 likes for So You Write (no change), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,476 (no change). Instagram followers: 235 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment