Saturday, March 7, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: February 29 – March 6

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was a nice packed day that involved preparing for my podcast recording, busting out a So You Write comic, and writing my blog stuff. I had a great time with Daria discussing episodes 23 and 24. After the recording was completed, I spent some time arguing with silly people about quizzes.
  • Sunday I did things in a weird order. I did some pizza-making and cleaning, and then it turned out I forgot an ingredient so I had to bike to the store to get it while my dough was rising! Also made banana bread. I was able to get all my usual Sunday stuff done too--laundry, karaoke, trash. I did get to finish my pizzas and they were lovely.
  • Monday I wrote some letters (getting closer to caught up!), worked on some letters for work and some utility stuff, and talked to my friends. I was happy to hear Victor got an interview! I connected with an OKCupid friend on Facebook and chatted with her while making and eating a nutritious cartoon-inspired dinner!
  • Tuesday I had fallen asleep early the night before so I got up super early and cleaned up the kitchen. I slept a couple more hours before going to work. One of my longtime co-workers put in his notice! Yikes. I did some proposal stuff and some drawing. I received the new book The Art of Steven Universe The Movie and devoured it.
  • Wednesday was a slow day at work. I did more drawing and hung out with Jeaux. We ate at GrillSmith (outside) and watched Owl House and Colbert and talked.
  • Thursday I worked on a client list and dealt with another co-worker putting in his notice. (His day of giving notice was also his last day of work so we had to scramble to figure out who's going to do his work.) I processed my comic nice and early. Victor called later than usual and told me about his interview. I drew some promo drawings for the upcoming new Steven Universe episodes.
  • Friday involved more client list stuff and more proposal stuff! After work I went to Which Wich? with Jeaux and we got sandwiches. We took them back to his house and watched two new Steven Universe episodes ("In Dreams" and "Bismuth Casual"). There are only 8 more left in the whole show! How sad! They were great. We went back to my place and I played around online enjoying the fandom response and contributing to it.
Interviews, articles, mentions:
Latest reviews of my book:
Reading progress:
  • Finished Reading: The Art of Steven Universe the Movie by Rebecca Sugar/Cartoon Network. Five-star review.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "You're the Inspiration" by Chicago.




    Stuff Drawn:
    Promo Art for SU episode "In Dreams"
    Promo Art for SU episode "Bismuth Casual"







    Webcomic So You Write Issue 105: "Distracted."










    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0773: "Pictures of Bad Things."









    New videos: 

    None.

    New photos:


    Reenacting a cartoon (with tomato soup)


    Pizza 1


    Pizza 2


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,274 for swankivy (lost 2), 680 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 84 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 964 for swankivy (lost 5), 1,353 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 299 friends (2 new--I friended two people from OKCupid) and 213 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 643 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (no change), 26 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,502 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 194 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment