Life news this week:
- Saturday I cleaned up some junk lying around and then went out with Dad and Connie for a belated birthday lunch! They took me to Which Wich? and we all had tasty, healthy food. We got to catch up a bit and hang out, and I showed them my animatronic Yoda, and then after they left I got my blogging done and updating some Internet stuff, plus some slacking off.
- Sunday it rained all day so I couldn't go do my outside table stuff. I got a lot of stuff done; I wrote and recorded a video, updated a bunch of subtitles that were displaying incorrectly on my videos, and drew a new issue of my writing comic. Did some laundry and website updates too.
- Monday I had to handle some small business certification stuff at work. I also communicated with my agent about future book stuff, though I don't know if she'll be interested in repping the books I have lying around. At home I played DDR, took a shower, and tuckered out.
- Tuesday I did more conversation with my agent and some answers to YouTube comments. And work involved more small business research. My friend Arthur picked me up and we ate Thai food and watched Twin Peaks. I did some reading for one of my old manuscripts and draw a picture of characters hugging.
- Wednesday I had a slow day at work, did some reading for the book I'll send my agent, and went to dinner with Jeaux at Applebee's. We shopped at Target and hung out at my house after. I went to sleep and woke up early to blog a podcast.
- Thursday after I did the podcast blogging I slept a little before going to work. Another sort of slow day there. Also helped my mom with getting some paperwork signed, hooray. When I got home I played DDR again and yet again it wiped me out and I fell asleep early, though I did get my art done for the webcomic.
- Friday was uneventful again at the office, though we had someone interview so that is cool. After work I hung out with Victor and we made a dish from an episode of Steven Universe which is referred to as "the finest steak and brie." (He made the steak, I made the potatoes and prepared the brie.) We had a good time! We ate our stuff, watched cartoons, and chatted until I got too tired.
- Aisha gave it a five-star review on Goodreads, calling it life-changing.
- Laura gave it a five-star review on Amazon, calling it "the definitive ace resource book."
- Down a whole half a pound. I'm weighing in at 116.5 these days.
- Finished this week: I was mostly focusing on reading my own stuff this week so I didn't spend much time on my in-progress book.
- Currently reading: Drunk Monkeys Anthology Volume 3 by Matthew Guerruckey.
This week's karaoke song is "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler.
|Pearl and Garnet after the war is finally over|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 92: "Minor Mistakes."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0716: "Underestimating Me."
Letters to an Asexual #56 is about people who think asexuality or asexuality activism must be my entire life if it's most of what I talk about on . . . my YouTube channel dedicated to asexuality . . . where I upload one video a month . . . yeah that's it. . . .
|Pretty nice sock collection, eh?|
|New hair bows: I have bows inspired by Garnet, Amethyst,|
Pearl, Steven, and Cookie Cat! (I can't find the Rose Quartz one.)
|Our "finest steak and brie" experiment|
|Victor and me with our food! :D|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,235 for swankivy (lost 5), 676 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 961 for swankivy (2 new), 1,345 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 296 friends (no change) and 208 followers (no change) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 145 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,516 (no change). Instagram followers: 168 (no change).